Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Swiss N-Gauge layout under construction. (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=4810)

DSY011 6th June 2009 21:12

Now I'm even more impressed and envious of you talent John. Thank you for going to the trouble of adding even more photos.Your rock modeling is really fantastic. With all that footage of track, I'm glad it is you that has to ballast it and not me. Please keep us up to date with your layout and if possible, a bit of video as well.

swisstrains 27th February 2011 20:29

Bachmann/Liliput N-Gauge FLIRT

4 Attachment(s)
Although Bachmann has been involved with British N-Gauge since they took over Graham Farish they have never before ventured into European N-Gauge. That has now changed with the introduction of their first 1:160 model, the Swiss-built FLIRT electric multiple unit.
The prototype train has been a big success in Europe with versions being sold to many different countries and it looks like the Bachmann/Liliput FLIRT is also going to be a success as the German and Swiss versions, so far released, have both sold out at the factory.
The model has two motors, one at each end of the train and comes complete with factory fitted LED interior lighting. It also has directionally controlled white/red headlights/tail-lights and an illuminated destination panel.
Straight out of the box the model ran smoothly and quietly with very good slow speed control. My layout is DC but the model can easily be DCC chipped and comes with full instructions on how to do it.
I know we already have some Bachmann fans on the forum and if this model is anything to go by I will be joining them.
Below are a few pictures of the Swiss FLIRT on my layout. The model carries the Basel Regional version of the SBB livery. As per the prototype the model is equipped with two pantographs (Swiss and German) as these trains often operate cross-border services.
I shouldn’t think that I will be converting many of you to Mainland European modelling but I thought you might like to see what a familiar name is doing on the other side of the Channel.
Attachment 1628
Attachment 1629
Attachment 1630
Attachment 1631

swisstrains 27th February 2011 20:35

Bachmann/Liliput N-Gauge FLIRT

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more pics.
Incidentally the name FLIRT is derived from the German language Flinker Leichter Innovativer Regional Triebzug which roughly translates to Quick and Lightweight Innovative Regional Motor Coach.
Attachment 1632
Attachment 1633

John H-T 27th February 2011 21:42

Looks fantastic John. The whole layout is looking great. Like the backscene.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

DSY011 27th February 2011 21:54

Thanks again for keeping us up to date with your layout John. I have was a fan of Graham Farish/Bachmann in 'N' before I went over to '00'. That looks like a well detailed EMU. Your ballast looks very good as well.

Alex Crawford 2nd March 2011 19:26

Hi John,

Very impressive indeed. Keep up the good work.

Alex

5701 3rd March 2011 10:33

Your layout is truly fantastic the backscene is fantastic I like the rolling stock the continental outline seems to run well straight from the box and the detail is excellent.Were did you get the backscene from it is one of the best I have scene on a continental layout also your buuildings really fit the scene.Keep on posting I look forward to seeing more.

swisstrains 3rd March 2011 21:31

Thanks for the kind comments.
The backscene is basically "Neuschwanstein" made by Faller. Because the wall of my room was already sky blue I decided to remove the printed sky from the backscene and stick the outline of the mountains directly onto the wall. I also had a Busch CD with images of alpine buildings on it so I have printed some off and stuck them onto the backscene at strategic points to add a bit of interest.

xaniel 23rd July 2011 00:29

Hi GF John.

Well, I have to say that the FLIRT is really a great modell. I have one in my collection, and I have to say I amamzed with quality and the detail of this awsome modell.

I just hope to have a layout soon to put it to run...

keep thos awsome photos coming!

Cheers!

swisstrains 23rd July 2011 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by xaniel (Post 62488)
Hi GF John.

Well, I have to say that the FLIRT is really a great modell. I have one in my collection, and I have to say I amamzed with quality and the detail of this awsome modell.

I just hope to have a layout soon to put it to run...

keep thos awsome photos coming!

Cheers!

Hello Luis Daniel,
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to see that you like the FLIRT. I have now bought a second one in the "Stadtbahn Zug" livery. My only (very small) complaint is that they can't be coupled together:(