Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Heljan Class 15 (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=7199)

Dave Rowland 22nd March 2010 20:38

1 Attachment(s)
"Just to make you all laugh, this is what I looked like when the Type 15 photo was taken ! I was 14 or 15 !"

Here's another laugh (if the attachment works), it's me sometime around 1957/58. :D:D

6678bjm 23rd March 2010 22:33

Have you still got that hat Dave?:D
Regards

Dave Rowland 24th March 2010 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6678bjm (Post 44469)
Have you still got that hat Dave?:D
Regards

Mentally, I never take it off! In actual fact, the photo was taken at my cousin's wedding reception, at the Roundabout hotel, Tilehurst - directly across the road from the exact spot I first trainspotted from! :):)

ccmmick 24th March 2010 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rowland (Post 44481)
Mentally, I never take it off! In actual fact, the photo was taken at my cousin's wedding reception, at the Roundabout hotel, Tilehurst - directly across the road from the exact spot I first trainspotted from! :):)

Well that will help me at Roche in a weeks time with the flood of people getting off the train :confused: :confused:.

ccmmick.

Dave Rowland 24th March 2010 10:07

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmmick (Post 44482)
Well that will help me at Roche in a weeks time with the flood of people getting off the train. ccmmick.

I DID say MENTALLY, Michael, so it won't be THAT easy to spot me - I've also got a few years older, with all that implies! Maybe I should wear a different hat - what about the one in this more recent photo? :D:D

ccmmick 24th March 2010 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rowland (Post 44487)
I DID say MENTALLY, Michael, so it won't be THAT easy to spot me - I've also got a few years older, with all that implies! Maybe I should wear a different hat - what about the one in this more recent photo? :D:D

I think if you wear that hat you wont get very far on the train you will be out at the next station.
At first i thought it was Lennon reincarnated :eek: :eek:

ccmmick.

Dave Rowland 24th March 2010 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmmick (Post 44488)
I think if you wear that hat you wont get very far on the train you will be out at the next station.
At first i thought it was Lennon reincarnated. ccmmick.

That's my Teletubbies hat! That was on one of several fruitless marches in 1998 to save our local hospital (Haslar) from closure. On a cramped, overcrowded, bottlenecked peninsula, they're going to convert it (it's huge) into flats. Common sense prevails yet again! I've gone grey since then... :(

ccmmick 24th March 2010 16:32

I think i prefer the cone on your head :D :D

ccmmick.

DSY011 24th March 2010 20:06

Hats

1 Attachment(s)
You can always borrow my hat from the 60's

Dave Rowland 24th March 2010 20:33

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSY011 (Post 44527)
You can always borrow my hat from the 60's

Good grief - that's a disturbing image. Not sure I'm gonna turn off the light tonight...
Actually, I've got a better hat from 1972:

It was taken at the Lincoln rock festival in 1972. Pity I didn't have a camera with me at the other festival I went to in that year at Bickershaw - there was an industrial J94-type 0-6-0ST puffing around right next to the campsite field! :(:D