07:02

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

East Midlands Trains

Old 12th November 2007, 09:47

East Midlands Trains

East Midlands Trains took over from Central Trains yesterday. Here is a photo of the new livery. It is as I feared, but I guess we will get used to it. (These 153's pass my house twice hourly).

http://rtranmer.fotopic.net/p46537731.html

Old 12th November 2007, 17:25

Look quite Nice saw a 158 in Liverpool today no Central Trains Lettering or East Midlands Trains Letering but still bearing it's N for Northern Spirit and It's Central Trains Stripes around the front sides.

Staf Still Wearing Central Trains Unifrom as well not a very good Start i would say in my honest opinion !
Old 12th November 2007, 20:12

Not seen one of the new liveries yet, but a 153 in Regional Railways livery was on one of the turns today! Must get some pics before they repaint it!
Old 12th November 2007, 21:56

I wonder if the interiors will change in the 222s or HSTs.
Old 13th November 2007, 00:35

Quote:- I wonder if the interiors will change in the 222s or HSTs.

There are no plans to change anything inside the 222's except the menu- which we tried today with some of the new items planned- Just superb.

The only thing I understand that will be changing is that the 8car Meridians will be 7 soon... I couldnt get clarification on what will happen to the 8th cars..

Derby station was one of the major promises.. Derby will be getting a new station - work starts Jan 2008 and finishes in 2009.. Don't ask me the details, even EMT and the architects have started yet...
Old 13th November 2007, 14:14

Frim launch day http://www.paulbigland.fotopic.net/c1406870.html
Old 13th November 2007, 16:08

There was a South West Trains Refurbished Class 158 in Liverpool Lime Street Last night working the 17.52 East mIdlands Trains Service to Nottingham.

Iam truly Sorry i didnot get the fleet number as i only got a glimpse of it from Platform Six it was hooked up to a tatty Central Trains 158 making it a four car working.

The South West Trains 158 Looked very smart what a grand job Stagecoach do of the refurbishments it was like a new train seemed as thogh it had just come out of the paint shop.

another thing that i like is the name East Midlands Trains very posh and interesting i say unlike boring old Northern.

"Will there be a West Midlands Trains or a North West Trains or even Mersyside Trains ? " (Dreaming again).
Old 13th November 2007, 22:40

Saw a new EMT liveried 153 past our house today, but did not get a picture - yet!

But did catch the Regional Railways liveried 153311 and a debranded CT one.

http://images.fotopic.net/yqqjpv.jpg

http://images.fotopic.net/yqqjpw.jpg
Old 13th November 2007, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tache View Post
The only thing I understand that will be changing is that the 8car Meridians will be 7 soon... I couldnt get clarification on what will happen to the 8th cars..
I'm sorry but the 8car Meridians are staying just as they are as they are to be used on heavily loaded Sheffield turns so as EMT's can get the decreased journey times. Assuming a change of heart is has and the 8th car goes then it would mean more 5car 222's
Old 14th November 2007, 11:52

East Midalnds Trains Operated Class 158 Numbered 833 a Refurbished South West Trains Unit on the 19.12 from Hunts Cross to Liverpool Lime Street last night 13/11/2007 along with a tatty ex Central Trains 158 on the back making it a forur car working.

I was extreemly ipresed with the refurbishment of 158 883 done to a very high Standard alotogh Just seemed to be a genral refurbishment it was exerlent very high quiality paint work inside and out and Quality Carpets and High Quality Seat Coverings and extra padding.

A taste of things to i would expect and it Seems that Stagecoach arent wasting any time in Putting there Policies and packages in to prospective.

"Well done Stagecoach"