03:57

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Freight Operations and Observations

Wath yard 1953

Old 29th June 2012, 22:04

Thanks for your local information Bubblewrap. Why I had written a 36A shed code against
Springbok did cause a query in my own mind. Living a mile south of York I couldn't understand why I hadn't seen it before if allocated for a tiime at Doncaster. So it as actually at its longtime home shed when I saw it.

Old 9th August 2012, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86217Comet View Post
Just wish I'd seen Wath when it was fully operational all those years ago especially with the DC electrics. I seem to remember from old photos that part of Tinsley yard was electrified too. Just out of curiosity does anyone know when the 76s stopped running to Tinsley?
Woodhead shut on 20/7/1981. That is the date that the class 76s stopped running anywhere, except at Reddish depot.

Brian.
Old 1st December 2012, 17:50

worked in and out of wath yard from 1961 to 1970.the place used to be heaving at times we could leave stairfoot(barnsley)and it could take up to 6 hours to get in the yard the traffic was that great.then thatcher decided she was going to decimate south yorkshire because we had the audacity to vote labour and that was it.