11:30

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Greetings from me

Old 13th August 2011, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.G.F.A.N. View Post
Dave.
All that's been done before a couple of weeks ago.{see Brittania Nameplates]Myself being scorned for that not so simple spelling error. Oh and I mentioned the word DYSLEXIA, shock horror.
Some members easily get riled up over a silly spelling mistake, but I note that it still goes dark at night and then lights up again in the morning.So life does move on.
Cheers.
Merely pointing out that I'm just as prone to error as anyone, no offence meant to you or anybody else.

Old 13th August 2011, 10:21
Station Manager

If I didn't spell check all of my postings, I would have been the recipient of many comments about my spelling. I have a Google spell check on my toolbar which I tend to use all the time. I don't mind if people make mistakes as long as I can understand the subject they are writing about. This is a friendly forum, not a school room. Had my say, now I'll go away.

P.S. All spell checked.
Old 13th August 2011, 14:54

D.O.G.F.A.N., CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS STRAIGHT BETWEEN US: I was not scorning you about anything. As you had spelt BRITANNIA's name in two different ways in your post, I simply decided to gently point out which was the correct spelling. This I did with the minimum of fuss. If you think that this equates to "scorning" then we are on two different planets. Riled is not the right word, mildly irritated would be an exaggeration, more of an "oh, not again" feeling, like I feel when you continually keep harping on about it. Just let it drop, OK.

Regards, 62440.
Old 13th August 2011, 16:10

The station manager has made his point.
Hopefully the school room has now closed.
It is after all a very friendly forum.

Last edited by D.O.G.F.A.N.; 13th August 2011 at 16:14.
Old 13th August 2011, 22:09

Easy does it, gents. Spelling differences are mandatory where I work.

Anyways, getting back to my question, where would be the best section on the forum for promotion of my blog? So I don't keep drawing attention to this thread everytime there's an update?
Old 13th August 2011, 22:18

Friendly, happy, chatty informative forum and that is how we all like it. To share our hobby and points of interest with each other no matter how words are spelt as long as we understand each other!
Getting back to the point re other forums and their comments; everyone has to start somewhere before they became great, and I for one thought the blog was a very good start and carried loads of good stuff.
All I say is keep it up E-G Media its a service to all.
Keeping us informed can be done on this thread as every additional posting is emailed (if that is set up to inform members a new comment has been posted).
Many thanks
Hope to see more soon
Regards
Phil
Old 15th August 2011, 00:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fox Phil View Post
Friendly, happy, chatty informative forum and that is how we all like it. To share our hobby and points of interest with each other no matter how words are spelt as long as we understand each other!
Getting back to the point re other forums and their comments; everyone has to start somewhere before they became great, and I for one thought the blog was a very good start and carried loads of good stuff.
All I say is keep it up E-G Media its a service to all.
Keeping us informed can be done on this thread as every additional posting is emailed (if that is set up to inform members a new comment has been posted).
Many thanks
Hope to see more soon
Regards
Phil

I'm certainly glad to hear it. Thanks for informing me Phil

Mind you, if we're going to talk about errors, spelling is nothing compared to a debate regarding something I witnessed on the NYMR. I've had concerns about the condition of dormant locos and stock in the Grosmont area for some time, as many engines have been left open to the elements for many years. And when I mentioned the condition of WD 2-10-0 No 3672 "Dame Vera Lynn" (there WAS dispute about a spelling error, surprise surprise!), an NYMR volunteer seemed to do everything his his power to try and shoot down my efforts by pointing out where else I had gone wrong. And, not surprisingly, still is.

Thankfully, said volunteer seems to have been the only one with any serious complaints so far. And I've stated clearly enough that I have no intention of showing prejudice towards any preservation society; even if they show prejudice towards me!

As for future updates, I've been trying to write one review per week for the time being, but this is proving harder than it looks. I'm working on, what is now, last week's review at the moment. However, I will try and release two this week to make up for it.
Old 15th August 2011, 19:41

Mind you, if we're going to talk about errors, spelling is nothing compared to a debate regarding something I witnessed on the NYMR. I've had concerns about the condition of dormant locos and stock in the Grosmont area for some time, as many engines have been left open to the elements for many years. And when I mentioned the condition of WD 2-10-0 No 3672 "Dame Vera Lynn" (there WAS dispute about a spelling error, surprise surprise!), an NYMR volunteer seemed to do everything his his power to try and shoot down my efforts by pointing out where else I had gone wrong. And, not surprisingly, still is.

Being a writer and provider of a service will always draw out the critic; however the message still gets to those who really want it (the majority) so I say again thanks and keep up the good work.
Regards
Phil
Old 15th August 2011, 21:18

Thanks again Phil.

And now (finally) an update:
http://e-gmedia.blogspot.com/2011/08...ay-review.html
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:59
Station Manager

Welcome to the Forum E-G. Look forward to your contributions.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.