13:56

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Rear Chance

Old 30th May 2007, 20:41
Station Manager

Rear Chance

At 10:00 on Sunday 2nd June A special train will leave Bristol Tempple Meads Station and pass through Bedminster Parson Street, Ashton Gate, Pill and on to Portbury dock, traveling under the Clifton suspension bridge and along the Avon Gorge and return. This line was closed in 1964 and reopened to goods trains in 2001. Back at T.M's it will travel along the Bath Spa route where it will take the Bristol East loop via Lawrence Hill Station, Filton Abbey Wood, Filton airfield, Henbury and over the M5 before taking in the St Andrews Road signal box and into Avonmouth docks. It will then retrace its tracks back to Bristol Parkway. Then off to the Severn Tunnel Junction, Chepstow, Lydney and on to Gloucester. Back to Bristol via Charfield, Yate and the Westerleigh oil terminal before returning to Yate where it will head off to Tytherington Quarry via Iron Acton. The train will then retrace the trip to Yate, Gloucester, Lydney, and the Severn Tunnel, Avonmouth docks returning to T.M via clifton Downs. The final leg will be out to Severn Beach via Clifton Downs return. All this will be behind a Heritage class 50 at only £40:00. The Tytherington line has not seen a passenger train since 1944. Many of the stops are at stations that have been closed since the Beeching cuts.
Anyone wanting tickets should Email [email protected] or phone 07818 030 971. There are a few seats left. I'll be there.
Syd

Last edited by DSY011; 30th May 2007 at 20:44.
Old 30th May 2007, 21:18

That's one impressive trip Syd. I've just been following the route on my rail map.
Hope you have a good time and don't forget.......we want a photo report.