22:58

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Sexhow Station, North Yorks - Help !

Old 17th February 2008, 19:13

Question Sexhow Station, North Yorks - Help !

Hello ! This is a repeat post from the "Hello" Forum for new members.

Just registered from the beautiful East Rding of Yorkshire - have to confess I prefer the North Riding myself as that's where my roots are but lets not get political !!!!

I confess straight away I have one reason for joining your forum & it is not my obsession of Brunel's Engineering Masterpieces - at this present time - (new baby) but it is very important to me:

SEXHOW STATION

I have been brought up a marvellous lady - mother - who had the great fortune of being born & raised at Sexhow Station situated on the Picton-Battersby Line until 1954. Please see link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picton-Battersby_Line

I am desperately searching for pictures of the Station House as my family wish to have a painting commissioned for her 65th birthday. There are many photos in the family of them in & around but not of the actual premises - I suppose none of us takes photos of our own homes !

I only have the one solitary picture currently on the web at the www.onyxnet website - thank God.

I have been & photographed the Station House as it stands now, complete with a very kind extension & landscaping - BUT, I cannot find any definitive or further images to help the artist, John Wigston.

Should there be anyone reading this post who can assist in anyway, no matter how small, please feel free to contact me on:

[email protected]

- yes, I even got an email for this - I would never have believed how wide this net has now been cast !!!!

Well, I'll sign off now but will update with any findings & share info with all who are interested.

Many. many thanks. L.