23:31

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

ELR DMU Day 17/3 & EVR Diesel event 18/3

Old 18th March 2012, 20:15

ELR DMU Day 17/3 & EVR Diesel event 18/3

My thirst for some Diesel nostalgia took me to 2 railways this weekend

ELR DMU Day. 3 units on display, 101/108 & the 121/2 hybrid. Excellent day out & for me the star was the 108 (in multi livery) it rattled & rumbled just how i remember & its a unit that i dont believe gets regular use? correct me if im wrong. The 121/2 is a strange beast & having not travelled on a trailer car before a silent 'daisy' is an experience! Anyway for £13 it represents great value! thumbs up again ELR!

Ecclesbourne Valley Diesel Event. 2 locos out, 33035 & the Class 20 'D8001' Again an enjoyable experience, They used a 3-car DMU set as coaching stock (which sits funny IMO) but hey ho, plenty of thrash from both locos & also they alternated the 2 locos to push the 108 car up to Ravenstor & back. A well attended day plus the added attraction of the usual Sheep on the line. Heres some photos hope you like them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0584.jpg (116.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0602.jpg (90.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0612.jpg (107.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg EVR 1.jpg (174.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg EVR 2.jpg (117.6 KB, 8 views)

Old 18th March 2012, 21:27
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlerL33 View Post
My thirst for some Diesel nostalgia took me to 2 railways this weekend
Ecclesbourne Valley Diesel Event. 2 locos out, 33035 & the Class 20 'D8001' Again an enjoyable experience, They used a 3-car DMU set as coaching stock (which sits funny IMO) but hey ho, plenty of thrash from both locos & also they alternated the 2 locos to push the 108 car up to Ravenstor & back. A well attended day plus the added attraction of the usual Sheep on the line. Heres some photos hope you like them!
Glad you enjoyed the day BowlerL33. Good set of photos.

The use of the DMU as coaching stock is partly due to the fire damage to the LMS Open 3rd last October. It also a reason for not running steam to Duffield this year.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 18th March 2012, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H-T View Post
Glad you enjoyed the day BowlerL33. Good set of photos.

The use of the DMU as coaching stock is partly due to the fire damage to the LMS Open 3rd last October. It also a reason for not running steam to Duffield this year.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Oh, please forgive me i wasnt complaining! you have permission to shoot me if i ever moan about the efforts of a preserved railway! Glad you enjoyed the pictures as much as i enjoyed the day out.

A decent turnout & i hope it gave valuable funds to your lovely set-up! See you soon, thanks John.

Lee
Old 19th March 2012, 09:15
Station Manager

Quote:
Oh, please forgive me i wasnt complaining! you have permission to shoot me if i ever moan about the efforts of a preserved railway! Glad you enjoyed the pictures as much as i enjoyed the day out.

A decent turnout & i hope it gave valuable funds to your lovely set-up! See you soon, thanks John.

Lee
Don't worry Lee. I just like to explain why we haven't managed to get everything as we would like it yet, but we are working on it!

The LMSCA Team have really picked themselves up after the fire and are working hard on the Stanier Porthole Brake Third, but there is probably at least 18 months work to get that done, by which time hopefully the insurance will have been sorted on the open third and the bodywork will have been repaired professionally ready for fitting out.

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:37

I remember that horrible fire a real kick in the teeth but im glad that things are recovering. Was the coach in use last year? i seem to remember visiting your place on your second major gala. 78019 was there i believe & it towed a rake of 3 coaches (including a rather posh saloon thingy)
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:08
Station Manager

Quote:
I remember that horrible fire a real kick in the teeth but im glad that things are recovering. Was the coach in use last year? i seem to remember visiting your place on your second major gala. 78019 was there i believe & it towed a rake of 3 coaches (including a rather posh saloon thingy)
Yes it was in traffic all last summer. The tables were ready to fit during the winter. Fortunately only one had been fitted before the fire, so the rest are safe in store. They will probably end up in the Brake third open which will now go into traffic first. The flooring is going in at present. Then it will be fitted out. The frames for the seats survived the fire and again will probably go into the Brake 3rd. The Brake third is more useful in some ways as it has a brake! It will also be able to take wheel chairs.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

PS. Ferrybridge No.3 passed her annual boiler inspection on Wednesday, so will be in traffic Easter Weekend. I am rostered to fire on Easter Monday.

Tags
elr, evr