11:37

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Old 26th November 2016, 22:25

Wisbech Model Railway Club - Open Day

We are pleased to announce that Wisbech Model Railway Club have been asked to hold an Open Day on Sunday 11th December in The Upper Room, St. Peter's Church Hall, Wisbech, Cambs, with FREE admission as we would like donations to St. Peter's Church. Opening hours are from 10.30 until 16.00., with 'The Club' layout and two others, which is the reason for donations to our Landlords.

Regrettably, we have NO wheelchair access due to stairs being only means of access.

Thank you.

If visiting for the first time, St. Peter's Church is in the centre of the town and the hall is situated behind hall very close by with signs to be displayed to guide you. We have also been told there will be some Live steam within the town and on a miniature railway on the day.

Old 18th March 2017, 00:12

I am pleased to announce 'The Club' are holding another this Sunday -19th March - and as before with FREE admission, as donations required for St. Peter's Church, Wisbech. Opening times are from 10.00 - 16.00.
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:35

Thumbs up New Venue and Open Days

I am extremely pleased to inform everybody that as from Monday 1st May, Wisbech Model Railway Club will have a New venue to meet in following a short notice to quit our previous one of 9 years, NOT owing any money as rent.

We will be meeting at The Wisbech Institute, Hill Street, on Monday evenings as before and from 19.00 until 21.00., on 1st Floor where the layout will be left up unless we hold an 'Open Day' when it will be taken to the Ground floor with Disabled access.

New members will be made welcome as before.
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:54

During the annual Wisbech Rose Fair from Wednesday to Saturday next week, 'The Club' will be holding Open Days with hopefully 3 working layouts, plus a couple of stalls, with FREE admission as promised, as donations are being taken for a local charity.

If you make it, just look for the signs to it. There will be Cream Teas for sale, but by the committee of The Institute where we will be.
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:33

Years ago, it was claimed in a magazine that there was No chance of modelling the Wisbech - Upwell Tramway in N gauge, but two members (one sadly since deceased) of 'The Club' were determined to prove the mag wrong and set out to build one.

Now at 'The Club' on a Monday evening, members are currently helping to renovate the same by sprucing up the scenery ready to get it back to Exhibition standard. All being well, it will be on show in October, with date and venue yet to be confirmed.

To join 'The Club' as members call it, please come along to Room 1, The Institute, Hill Street, Wisbech for 7pm on Monday evenings.