20:21

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

IT expert forged railway tickets (BBC News)

Old 2nd October 2009, 13:50

IT expert forged railway tickets (BBC News)

An IT consultant who created forged rail tickets on his computer for more than two years is given a suspended sentence.

More from BBC News...

Old 2nd October 2009, 19:08

I always wonder what would happen if you accidently unloaded blank tickets from an Avantix machine or something.

They'd be easy to forge that way.
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:42

WHAT a farce his Sentence is? As for his resignation from his job, had I been his employer, I would have REFUSED to accept it and SACKED him first. That was nothing short of THEFT. I now most sincerely hope he NEVER gets another job in his life.
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:39

two years how did they catch him? and yes it is most certainly theft who would want a thief working for them only other crooks i reckon
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:43

I now most sincerely hope he NEVER gets another job in his life.[/QUOTE]

Cool, What a thought,

The hard working tax payer then has to keep him .

As you say it was theft. He should be made to pay the full fare for all the rail journeys made on false tickets he created. If they can work that bit out.

Les
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:36

Chop off his hand like the Saudi's do, make an example of him. We are to soft in this country
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiman M6 AEN View Post
Chop off his hand like the Saudi's do, make an example of him. We are to soft in this country
I think we should get TOUGH on other crimes first, particularly drug , violence and sex related crimes.

He may be a criminal but he has not endangered anyone or ruined a life like so many other bastards.

There are an awfull lot more who are a real menace to society !! Don't get me wrong, I don't condone what he did but get tough on the nasty guys (and gals) first please.

Philip
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
I think we should get TOUGH on other crimes first, particularly drug , violence and sex related crimes.

He may be a criminal but he has not endangered anyone or ruined a life like so many other bastards.

There are an awfull lot more who are a real menace to society !! Don't get me wrong, I don't condone what he did but get tough on the nasty guys (and gals) first please.

Philip
HEAR, HEAR!
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:29

What I don't get is why would this guy be posessed to do this in the first place. He had a decent job, which I suspect had a good salary, he is an educated person and has everything going for him, now he has got nothing over trying to save a few quid on train fares.

I agree that there is a bit of tension with this, as to be honest, most train fares are a rip off but was this guy in any position to risk everything he had to save on travel?

Oh, and yes, after his ticket was checked on tha train, the conductor then walked passed a bunch of drunk youths threatening othe rpassengers and didn't bat an eyelid .

Last edited by martin adamson; 3rd October 2009 at 17:32.
Old 4th October 2009, 00:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Hicks View Post
What I don't get is why would this guy be posessed to do this in the first place. He had a decent job, which I suspect had a good salary, he is an educated person and has everything going for him, now he has got nothing over trying to save a few quid on train fares.

I agree that there is a bit of tension with this, as to be honest, most train fares are a rip off but was this guy in any position to risk everything he had to save on travel?

Oh, and yes, after his ticket was checked on tha train, the conductor then walked passed a bunch of drunk youths threatening othe rpassengers and didn't bat an eyelid .
I take it you were there and would have had a go at the Drunk youths first, then feeling 100% Brave?