15:49

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Hornby Track Pins.

Old 5th July 2009, 10:50
Registered Member

Question Hornby Track Pins.

The track on my layout is not all pinned,but it has occured to me before now, I wonder how people get on using the track pins from Hornby if they are partly sighted or have sight problems ?
The pins are coloured black and the sleepers are black or at least a dark colour ! I mean just because someone has poor eyesight or is partly sighted, it does not stop them being interested in the hobby of model railways does it ?

I did a couple of months ago ask Hornby the same question .....I have never had a reply !

Thank you.

Old 5th July 2009, 11:13

Morning 48111, hope you're feeling better today.
I can appreciate the problems caused by the black track pins but I think the idea of having them the same colour as the sleepers is so that they blend in and are less obvious. Nowadays many modellers don't even like to see the raised heads (black or not) of track pins so they stick their track down with glue. My mother-in-law has extremely poor eyesight but she is able to do most fiddly close-up work with the aid of a good quality magnifying glass.
Old 5th July 2009, 11:34
Registered Member

Good morning John, yes thank you not too bad today.
"Mmm" I see where you are coming from, not that I have sight problems mind you, but it was just something that crossed my mind when doing trackwork on my layout.
Incidentally mate, I HOPE to take a couple of "Pics" on my layout, maybe today or tomorrow, and I will try and put them on here for everyone to "have a butchers".
They will not be all that exciting, but I will see what I can do.

Old 5th July 2009, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48111 View Post
Incidentally mate, I HOPE to take a couple of "Pics" on my layout, maybe today or tomorrow, and I will try and put them on here for everyone to "have a butchers".
Look forward to seeing them.