12:44

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Upminster security guards stop enthusiast from filming.

Old 25th October 2009, 22:36

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys, its about time that those in charge of security in this country realised that we all have concerns about security and as such we need to work together, by alienating us, they put all our safety at risk and make their own jobs all that much harder, thats if they have any real interest in what they are being employed to do anyway..

Old 28th October 2009, 11:15
Registered Member

What is this country coming to or to be more exact what HAS it come to.

I dont want to get embroiled in to an argument about who is a terrorist and who is not, we all know the seriousness of that situation, and indeed that is another thread for some other forum.

I can see the case from the security side of things and from the enthuiasts side of things, so why does someone not come up with an idea where perhaps anyone wanting to take photos of the railways or indeed aircraft if they are in to avaition (and there is a lot that are), so why cant there be some kind of booking system, or a phone number where you can phone up , give your name and address and the day and date you want to be at a particular location(s), then you could be given some sort of reference number or code and if you are challenged you refer to that and it can be checked, if it checks out you will be clear to take "pics" or film without any problems. If you do not register you will be moved off whatever site you are on.

Ye I know it sounds a bit far fetched, but at least it would be some kind of step in the right direction and it would save all these confrontations with "jobsworth" security guards.

But someone somewhere wants to do something positive a bit quick or else this kind of nonsense will just keep happening over and over again.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:59

You can check this out.

Les

http://www.bluenoxid.co.uk/photolaw.html
Old 28th October 2009, 23:56

I have and will be standing on this same station in the next couple of weeks and carrying paperwork telling me I can be there, should these 'Security' people tell me I can't take photographs. In fact, I already have some and of LUL stock, as well as the station and LT&SR trains, or as most know it now and C2C..