04:54

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Surely an 'April Fool'?

Old 16th March 2006, 23:16

Surely an 'April Fool'?

I bought the April edition of Model Rail today, and it has an article in it about a bloke who is constructing a 4mm scale model of the Forth Bridge in his large (25 acre) back garden. The model scales out at an incredible 108 feet long!!! And he says that he is going to dig a small lake (or a large pond) for it to cross. Must be an April fool joke surely? The model magazines often used to run such jokes in their April editions, but they used to put a clue in the article as well. One that I remember was in the Railway Modeller, an article showing how to convert a Class 47 into a model of one capable of running on 'Loo Flirpa' a new kind of fuel.

And there was the one about the bloke who built a model of the London Underground under his living room floorboards. Actually that one was quite funny. He described how he put in perspex floorboards so that he could watch the trains go by and there was something about putting a station under the cat litter tray.

Does anyone remember any others?

Old 17th March 2006, 07:50

What's so funny about it. After reading this, I was already drawing up plans for the underground. I guess I'll scrap the idea now that you pointed it out...

Tom F

Perspex. hmmm....
Old 30th July 2006, 23:03

ive seen the models progression at a show, cant remember which one, but it was only a section of the bridge, still pretty bug tho