00:38

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

blatant plug

Old 5th April 2012, 20:05

Smile blatant plug

Hello,

you can see from the subject what this topic is all about, but bear with me; the guy who wrote this book is my uncle and from when i was a little boy (and further back i understand), he has been so mad about this subject I feel content to vouch for him.

The book is More Creative Scenic Modelling by John Parkinson, and costs £17.99. It can be found here -

http://www.authorsonline.co.uk/book/...ing/paperback/

I am aware that this message might not go down well with the moderators, but before you delete it let me explain.

I wouldn't normally be doing this sort of thing i swear. Over the last few decades (im 34) I've seen the results of this guys passion - every time my mum and dad and brother used to visit him and my cousins (my dad is his twin) and his wife (my auntie obviously) I would see the new train and scenery layout. The attention to detail is remarkable every time. This guy has dedicated a regular and significant part of his life to excelling in the field of scenic modelling.

Reading this book, and its prequal (Creative Scenic Modelling of course) will give you ideas, and also help with all the model building techniques step by step.

John has no idea that I'm writing this. My dad showed me the books, and even though I'm not into this, I cant help being a little amazed. It's a really good book and born of lifelong passion, well put together and full of photos and information. It isn't in mainstream circulation, and there haven't been many published, and not much profit made or indeed expected to be.

Thanks folks,

w.n.c.

Tags
creative, john, modelling, parkinson, scenic