17:46

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Hattons Class 14 by Heljan

Old 17th February 2010, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY011 View Post
ccmmick, the Well Tank has been sorted thanks. It is not due until September this year. The one I am waiting for is the Class 15 from Modelfair.
I have used and visited Kernow many times and always found them to be very helpful and they deliver when they say they will. I know they have not been in the present shop all that long but it already seems to small for the number of people that have been in it when I have visited it.
Thank you for the offer all the same. One of the good things about this site is the help offered by members.
I am glad you are all sorted Syd.

ccmmick.

Old 18th February 2010, 20:45
Station Manager

Thanks for the review John H-T. I did manage to get a short look at one that was being shown off in a model shop. The guy said that the light was one of those bright LEDs but that he would tone it down with a bit of paint around the head code box. He must have done something to the pick up as well as they looked OK to me, come to think of it, they were black apart from the ends behind the wheels. Must say I only saw it for a few Min's before he left the shop, but I liked what I saw.
Old 24th February 2010, 10:01

Looking to add one to my layout ASAP, but although i don't mind paying for a quality product, I think a £90 price tag would have been more realistic, just my opinion of course...
Old 24th February 2010, 11:58
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post
Looking to add one to my layout ASAP, but although i don't mind paying for a quality product, I think a £90 price tag would have been more realistic, just my opinion of course...
I have to say I agree with you ACE. I am still holding out inspite of a very favourable review in Model Rail this week. Interestingly they pick up two of my niggles: the bright metal pick ups and the droopy couplings.

There also seems to be some difficulty in getting inside to fit a DCC chip, according to various postings on RMWEB.

I might gamble on Bachmann producing a 00 version in a few years time as they will have done all the development work on the N scale version. I understand that the total production for the Hatton's 14 is 2,600, although they may do a second batch. I suppose it depends how robust the tooling is.

Best wishes,

John H-T.