12:16

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Another Great Buy.

Old 28th December 2008, 21:00

Another Great Buy.

After reading Syds great purchase of a Branchline G2 for 40 Quid I thought I pass on a good purchase I got last Saturday.

A pair of Bachmann 32-175 LMS Crab 2-6-0s in Crimson, second hand, both in mint condition and super runners for $50au each or in non American sounding money 40 Quid for both.

David.

Old 28th December 2008, 21:51
Station Manager

Well done Dave. Anyone who can get a deal like that gets my backing. When you see what the price of some things are, then you see the price at the sales I often think that if the shops did not hike the price up so much, we would all be able to afford to spend a bit more. I often wait for the price to drop before I purchase anything in the digital world. DCC chips used to be £30 to £40. Now if you go to the right shop and bargain you can get them for as little as £7:50
Old 29th December 2008, 03:26

Thanks Syd, yes I think it is good to try and save a few bob on this stuff, I have a fellow 15 minutes drive from my place that has a huge range of second hand model railway equipment for sale in his large garage all at very reasonable prices, I have purchased several 1st Class locomotives and other rolling stock from him and intend to pay him a visit every other week.

David.