13:03

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

This Christmas

Old 27th December 2008, 21:46
Station Manager

This Christmas

Well this Christmas has been very good to me again. I was given 6 Bachmann Milk Tankers, 4 Hornby 5 plank open Wagons, 4 BR 16 ton steel Mineral Wagons with top flaps, 4 BR 16 ton steel Mineral Wagons without top flaps,
A Scenecraft Leyland Beaver Box Van, A Scenecraft Leyland Comet Tipper, an Oxford Express and Birmingham Wales and Edward standard Milk Float (Three Wheeler). Today I went into town to the sales as SHMBO requested. I left her to go into the shops while I went around to the model railway shop to see what was on sale. I asked if they had a G2A in stock but was told they had not. I left my name a phone number with the guy and left the shop. About 30 mins later my mobile rang asking if I would return to the shop. I said OK and walked back from the shopping centre. The manager greeted me with an apology and said that they did have a G2A in stock and he was sorry that the youth worker had not checked the stock. For my troubles I could have it for £40. Well being the fool I am I had to think long and hard about this because I didn’t want to take advantage of some snotty nosed little kid (like Hell). Walking out and meeting the wife we returned to the car and home. When I opened the packet with the loco, I found that I did indeed have a G2A but it was not Bachmann 31-477 as it said on the box. It was in fact a 31-477DC. I think I will take it back tomorrow (Sunday) and if they don’t open the door then I have done the right thing and will keep the loco.

Old 28th December 2008, 02:48

Well to sorry you had your problems with the wrong loco (even if its at a bargain price), glad to see you got all those goodies for Christmas! I was to pretty lucky between my birthday and Christmas presents (as im a December child), i got a BR A3 "ladas", 4 pullman coaches (3 are spilt from the bournmouth belle pack, still 3 for £50 off ebay isnt at all bad ) a bachma Prairie tanker and several wagons.

Anyways hope you get that sorted out quickly
Old 28th December 2008, 11:53

I don't know much about model railways only having dabled but isn't the only difference the fact one has DCC fitted, and as such the loco you actually got is worth more than the loco you paid for?

I wouldn't consider that a problem myself.
Old 28th December 2008, 16:27
Station Manager

You are right DBT, The loco I got is worth a lot more than the one I was expecting. I am slowly converting all my locos to DCC. Knowing that the shop is closed on a Sunday, the remark was made tongue in cheek as the Super D's or G2A with DCC is priced £85:00. So I have saved myself £45:00 all because someone was too lazy to check if there was a G2A in the stockroom. I hope I am as lucky when I go for my T9.
Old 28th December 2008, 20:53

Crikey Syd you did well at Christmas but getting the G2 + DCC for 40 quid put the icing on the cake.

David