23:20

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Calling all Nuneaton passengers........

Old 23rd February 2010, 16:12

Calling all Nuneaton passengers........

I am currently doing a final year University reasearch project analysing the impact of the very high frequency timetable on the West Coast Mainline on stations such as Nuneaton with a major decrease in Virgin Trains services.

I decided to do this because it affected me, as I used to use the Nuneaton VT service (Liverpool-Euston) as far as Crewe until they stopped running it.

I would be interested to hear other passengers views of the recent changes, do you use Nuneaton station? If so I would be interested to hear your views and experiences, if you are interested in sharing any info please let me know either here or PM me.

Old 24th February 2010, 16:29
Registered Member

Hi David, hope you do well with it mate.

Old 24th February 2010, 22:50

I don't use Nuneaton, but it has affected me as I travel Crewe - Stafford 3 or 4 times per week. Service reduced from 3 to 2 trains per hour due to Virgin London - Liverpool no longer stopping at Crewe.

I still think the VHF is a good idea, but they should but in 1 extra stop on every train. No-one would notice the extra 5 minutes their journey would take ...
Old 26th February 2010, 18:03

Thanks for the responses. Yesterday I was in Paraliment and discussed this with Nuneaton MP Bill Olner, who was pointing out that whilst Nuneaton does have aaacess to decent services like XC and the peak time VT's, it's the inconsistency of performance by LM that let the side down.

I travelled down yeserday to London on the 08:02 LM from Nuneaton, I reckon about 30 passengers boarded. The train was a few seats remaining, same at Rugby. The train finally reached 'stading point' past Northampton. Apparently, a lotof the faliure soccur in the Northampton area, and also the access to that section away from the main WC adds a lot of time.

Got me thinking, what if LM ran this service, but had maybe only one train every two hours calling at Northampton, then ther other ones only call at Rugby then non-stop to Euston.

The 350s better suit the demand levels than the massive 390s at Nuneaton, would seat reservations convince you more to use the LM desrios and also if they ran non-stop past either Northampton and Rugby, saving maybe 10 minutes?