21:32

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Contactless payments in London Railway transport system

Old 11th September 2014, 08:37

Contactless payments in London Railway transport system

Now making the payments in tram,tube or subways is become easy.Contactless payments are accepted at popular retailers across the UK including McDonald's, M&S, Starbucks.Now UK implementing this contactless payments now including in Railway transport system.With this launch payments can be done on Tube,tram and London over grounds.These contactless payments are easier to pay and secure wherever we go.This Contactless payments system is going to accept by Oyster for 16th September.
More info:

Old 11th September 2014, 14:35

I hope its more reliable than it has been in my local shops.

I've given up using it - too much fuss compared to simple coinage.
Old 11th September 2014, 16:49

I keep my bank cards in a little RF-proofed case. If I want to use them I get them out and hand them to the sales person. That way, they definitely only get used when I want them to be - and I check the amount stated on the machine carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyM
These contactless payments are easier to pay...
Wow, how kind of them to make my life easier !! Except that it doesn't, it just gets punters through the tills quicker, so the banks can make more money. That's the whole point of retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyM
...and secure wherever we go
Utter bollards. Bad people with the appropriate equipment will be able to scan your card as you go past them - that's what contactless means.

'Contactless' is a fraudsters dream, and as always it will be the consumer who ultimately pays for it. The banks say that 'they' will take the hit if your card is used fraudulently...which is fine so long as you can PROVE it wasn't you. That part of it is definitely not easy.....

Cynical rant over, where's my bottle of Scotch ?