11:45

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Locating Rail Enthusiast Groups

Old 14th October 2011, 22:09

Locating Rail Enthusiast Groups

Hello, i'm a new member to this forum, and have a question that you guys may or may not be able to help me out with.

I am a graduate student looking at doing a thesis related to the rail history of the city of Toledo, OH. One of the things that I intend to do is interview rail buffs regarding some of my ideas, and getting some input from them. So far however, I have failed to locate any local rail buffs in my area, the greater Toledo region.

Now Toledo has a pretty big Train Day that took place in late April. I was unable to attend, unfortunately, and was unable to get help from TMACOG in locating some of the rail groups that attended. They were more than willing to set me up with Norfolk Southern and the like, but that's not what i'm looking for.

I don't necessarily expect anyone on here to know anyone personally in the Toledo area that is a rail buff, but if somebody was able to point me in the right direction or give me tips on where to start looking, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks.

Old 15th October 2011, 10:38

You could try a google search for model railway clubs in that area and start from there. Most railway modellers have keen interest in the real thing aswell.

Welcome to the community.

Les
Old 19th October 2011, 20:55

could be worth a try

http://www.tlew.org/index.html

F-Bodies rule