10:19

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello

Old 7th February 2011, 16:59

Hello

I joined this forum today and seem to have incurred the wrath of someone important! I am a 395 driver who, while it is true, is not perhaps as interested in railways and trains as most on this site I do have a passing interest and am always keen to speak to those of you who are out in all weathers pursuing your interests. I hope to speak to some of you out and about and if ever I get he chance am able to show you round the cab of a 395 High Speed Train.

Old 7th February 2011, 17:14
Station Manager

Hello and welcome to the forum, I think you are the first class 395 driver to join, please join in and if you have any photographs of the 395 please use our gallery and yes we are out in all weathers pursuing our interests, enjoy and all the best.
Old 7th February 2011, 17:35

Thank you, I will upload some photo's in due course, in the mean time if anyone has any questions regarding the 395 please feel free to ask i'm more than happy to try and help
Old 7th February 2011, 17:44
Station Manager

Excellent, I used to go down to Maidstone to visit some of my family there, they lived at Allington Park, do you know it ? I am sure you will get plenty of questions about the 395. I had a trip on every Class 390 Pendolino for charity, I did them all standard class and raised a good bit of money, I am in the process of doing them all first class, I still have 21 to go but I am not going to push myself this time.
Old 8th February 2011, 08:02
Registered Member

Welcome.
I am an ex BR man who grew up on steam,and like steam I am now retired, but whilst at work I was never a true enthusiast..interested yes, but not to any great extent....but since I retired AND since joining this forum, I am enjoying a "new lease of life" and quite enthusiastic about the railway.
I am starved of knowledge and experience of this modern private railway of today, I am a BR man through and through and this "private lot" does not really interest me, I live very close to the WCML, my place of work where I done must have been thousands of miles on steam diesel and finally electric, but it just goes to show, I miss the railway so much. as I knew it, but to have an input of enthusiasm like I have as pleased me very much, it has brought back many memories, so you never know mate.

But as I said, welcome to the forum....enjoy.

Old 8th February 2011, 11:16

thank you, the age of steam does evoke memories of a nicer time of railway travel, I can only speak as a driver of 7 years standing and while I have been fortunate to drive metro, a little mainline and now High Speed it is interesting that in driving the UK's most up to date and modern train I encounter signalling sytems from every age of rail! From 19th century Semaphore signalling, through 20th century colour light and the ultra modern in-cab TVM and KVB signalling! the trains may be high tech but we still have to rely on methods honed throughout the evolution of the railway!
Old 8th February 2011, 12:44
Registered Member

Yes nice to meet you anyway...look forward to your posts mate.

Old 9th February 2011, 12:46

Welcome to the forum!
FTS member

All views/opinions expressed are purely MY OWN and NOT that of any preservation group/organisation I am part of
Old 9th February 2011, 20:56

Yo Dude, welcome to the forum. Don't worry about the wrath, it'll pass.

I used to drive for the SE out of Orpington, in the days of Connex. I'm fine now though.

Best wishes,

Flying Pig
Old 9th February 2011, 21:11

Welcome to the forum Greaseball, look forward to your post. They are a good lot on here so sit down and settle in

Alan