16:11

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Fishguard to paddington 1964

Old 25th May 2011, 11:07

Fishguard to paddington 1964

Hello

I am new to the forum. I am urgently trying to find out the times of trains from Fishguard to Paddington in the mid 60s. Might the timetables still exist? perhaps one of you has one.

The particular train I am interested in ran on an Easter Monday in April 1964 so would have had a Sunday-type timetable, I am presuming.

It was the train that my Mum and Dad met on, and I am making a neon art work for their 45th wedding anniversary. I would like it to say the time and destination of the train!

Best wishes and thankyou in advance

Laura

Old 25th May 2011, 12:19
Station Manager

Hello Laura and welcome to the Railway Forum. As I only arrived in the UK in 1969, I an unable to help you with your request, but I hope one of the other members is able to help. Sounds like a lovely is going to be had by all. Good luck.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:21

thankyou so much! do i just have to keep clicking on "new posts" to check to see if anyone has replied?
very best wishes
have a lovely day
laura
Old 25th May 2011, 12:27
Station Manager

Just click onto any of the 5 threads that you started. and you will be able to read any replys. When you open the site, you will see if there are any replys. So far there are two of your threads that have info on them, but not what you want yet. You will soon get used to the system. Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:54

It's a long-shot, but these people sell old GWR timetables, you might just hit lucky and get the one you want:

Nevis Railway Bookshops, 01635 200507

Edit: I think the one you need is available on here: http://britishrailwaybooks.co.uk/wtt...er/western.php, though it will set you back £18

His contact page includes an evening telephone number: http://britishrailwaybooks.co.uk/main/contact.php

Good luck.

Last edited by Steve from GWR; 25th May 2011 at 14:06.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:46

Hi Laura and welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for and hope the event is a good one.
Regards
Phil
Old 25th May 2011, 15:35

Thank you so much.
I am kicking myself as my mum has (unwittingly) caused me 9 hours of lost research on this today, by saying the train originated in Fishguard. Now she says it originated in Neath, so I presume Swansea at the very beginning of the journey. !
I willl have to post all this info again now and hope someone comes up with something. Thanks for replying!
i will also look at your links
Best

Laura
Old 25th May 2011, 16:35

Neville Bridger was very helpful and has put me in touch with researcher Chris Turner. I await his reply. Thanks again
x