14:24

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Eating habits in train stations

Old 24th February 2010, 18:59

I actually haven't seen it for years. I guess so...

Old 24th February 2010, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
Ooh, I like cream soda !

Can you still buy it ?
Yes you can pre65 in the big supermarkets lovely with ice cream in it Yum Yum .

ccmmick.

Old 24th February 2010, 19:27

...but WHERE can I get hold of a nice tasty Nasi Goreng without having to get a new passport?
Old 24th February 2010, 19:29

I know a Chinese restaurant run by two Malay ladies in York...........
Old 24th February 2010, 19:31

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/248/5...ba93bd84f3.jpg

now that is mouth watering, my Ex's Mother (Thai) used to make me something similar, and I had a similar (Chinese) dish with included sliced tomato when I was in Leshan......
Old 25th February 2010, 06:05
Registered Member

Dave I know you are not near me which is a shame, because in "MK" "up the road", we have a big Oriental Supermarket. When you walk in there it smells of spices and brings back memories of my visit to the far east.
Everything from the far east is avaialable and a lot of it is labelled in Chinese but the staff print out the labels in English, all you have to do is ask.
They also do Japanese, Indonesian, Malay, Jamacian,Indian, it is brilliant place to go if you like spices and eastern food.

Old 25th February 2010, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48111 View Post
Dave I know you are not near me which is a shame, because in "MK" "up the road", we have a big Oriental Supermarket. When you walk in there it smells of spices and brings back memories of my visit to the far east. Everything from the far east is avaialable and a lot of it is labelled in Chinese but the staff print out the labels in English, all you have to do is ask.
They also do Japanese, Indonesian, Malay, Jamacian,Indian, it is brilliant place to go if you like spices and eastern food. 48111
I certainly do, Peter! There used to be a similar shop in Southsea some years back, but was the victim of an arson attack, and burnt down. No doubt there's something similar a little nearer than Milton Keynes! Funny thing - my next door neighbour popped in yesterday, and, not knowing anything about this thread whatsoever, happened to mention that he fancied a Nasi Goreng! He was a cook in the Royal Navy, and used to throw a huge Nasi Goreng together on board ship, he reckoned all the lads loved it, although he himself hates any/all seafood, fish, etc, and had to pick the prawns out! Strange coincidence; it's not every day that a Nasi Goreng pops into a conversation TWICE in a day...
Old 25th February 2010, 09:41

We have a great Chinese in Roche it is one of the best in Cornwall, i have a takeaway at least once a week very tasty .
We also have a kebab takeaway but from what my daughter told about the meat i dont have them anymore .

ccmmick.

Old 25th February 2010, 11:21

Regarding the original post:

There's nothing I love more than having a beer at a station where you can watch the public coming and going. It's great watching everyone going about their business, wondering who they are and what they are doing. If I'm in a town centre, I'll always head to the station for a beer.

Glasgow Central is fabulous for it, with the open terrace at the upstairs bar. However, the best beer(s) I had were with mates at Amsterdam Central, when we were over for the Scotland game. We must have sat in the bar for over an hour, watching the people go by below us, discussing and judging the merits of the local female population
Old 25th February 2010, 12:18

For my last few spare shifts I've been eating incredibly tasty and very cheap package noodles bought from a Supermarket in Newcastle's Chinatown, saving me a fortune as it keeps me out of Burger King and Upper Crust! and for drinks, my Girlfreind sent me a load of Chinese Tea which has been very well recived!