22:21

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Nicholas and the trains

Old 17th November 2006, 23:10

Nicholas and the trains

"Nicholas and the trains" is a new collection I have just started on my fotopic site which can be found at
http://john-robinson.fotopic.net/

Nicholas is my 3yr old grandson and loved trains and these are a few train related pictures of him. He was suddenly taken ill in October 2005 and spent many months in hospital in ICU & HDU before being discharged home to us. He has been dianosed has having Alpers disease - a degenerative brain disease with no cure.

Have a look at the site and follow the links if you require any more information on him.

Last edited by robbo; 9th December 2006 at 21:10.
Old 9th December 2006, 21:17

Well - Little Nicholas was well enough phyisically to go out, so the little trip on the santa specials was on !!

We went to the Embsay & Bolton abbey steam railway as pre booking wasn`t needed .

It must have been 15 years since I last went there and I only live 25 miles away. The line in now twice as long, and seems to be the venue for every saddle tank in the country. We had a great morning out and I`m definately going to go again in the summer to take some better photos.

Pictures can be viewed at http://john-robinson.fotopic.net/
Old 10th December 2006, 05:52
Registered Member

Hi Robbo I had a look at the photos of young Nicholas and he looked like he was enjoying himself. Like most of my grandkids he prefers beer to lemonade. Sorry to hear about the little chaps health problem.
Alan Locojoe.