10:59

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello again

Old 20th September 2010, 12:38

Thanks guys. I didn't mean to offend, honestly. But in return, I did find having my posts deleted and edited without explanation (that being the key thing) very offensive.

But let's forget it and move on...

With regards to railways, my main fascination is with photos, information and other 'collectibles' about Lancashire's* old networks and stations, so I'll be posting and contributing whenever I feel I have something worthwhile to say (and probably sometimes when I haven't lol), like I thought I had with my first post... Ah well.

*Lancashire = the County Palatine, not the much smaller administrative county.

Old 20th September 2010, 12:44
Station Manager

Welcome to the Forum John. I am sorry that your first experience was not good.

I was not involved in deleting your post and I didn't see it. Pre65's post gives some clues as to why someone did. As you will see we have a very lively photo gallery which members are encouraged to add to.

In the past there has been considerable discussion and resentment about members who could be seen to publicise their own photosites without contributiong to the Forum's Gallery. However you will notice that several members who regularly contribute to the Gallery also list their own photosite. I hope this may help to explain your initial treatment.

I look forward to seeing your photos in the Gallery and to your posts in the various threads.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 20th September 2010, 13:10

I'm proud of you, when you put in that little quip about the palatine.
Lancashire is, and will always be for me anything between the Mersey and the Duddon.
Up the Red Rose!
Mickey
Old 20th September 2010, 21:55

Well said Mickey!! I always think of the true County Palatine of the Duke of Lancaster's Shire when I say Lancashire. I may only be 33, but as a local historian I appreciate the true bounds of Lancashire, and the County's historical significance. That's also why I refuse to accept the 'County of Greater Manchester'. I live in Lancashire, I was born in Lancashire, and by the Grace of God, I hope I will die (some time in the very, very distant future) in Lancashire and be buried near the bones of my ancestors! Besides, the world's first passenger railway was built between Manchester and Liverpool - connecting two great Lancastrian cities!

If it has less than 16 wheels it had better be a bike. If it has more than two wheels, it had better be a TRAIN!!

Last edited by JimRBRobinson; 20th September 2010 at 21:58.
Old 21st September 2010, 05:56
Registered Member

It is very rare indeed, that we get complaints on this site.
This Forum is a very friendly forum and the members will always welcome a new member and try to help or advice where it is asked for.
The same goes for site management, they are a good "bunch" and very few problems ever occur.
This is a very successful forum and hopefully it will remain so.

It seems to me my friend that after one "blip" on your posting as a new member, you have decided to paint a bad picture of this site.

I would hope that if you stay on here, you will be as quick with compliments about the site as you were with your complaint.