21:41

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Help with layout design

Old 8th December 2008, 19:08

well could have been alot worse, im just annoyed with the damn timing, i guess there is always next weekend i guess i can just sit back and let someone else do the hardwork

Old 10th December 2008, 15:13

After looking at several different stations over the internet i think i noticed one thing, they actually look nothing like the one in the plan from all the sources i have looked it it seemed the most common station would only really hold two trains at a time.

As you can tell i have far to much time on my hands ( i hate being ill, so boring and i just cant bare to watch day time tv). I guess its back to basic's then.
Old 10th December 2008, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
After looking at several different stations over the internet i think i noticed one thing, they actually look nothing like the one in the plan from all the sources i have looked it it seemed the most common station would only really hold two trains at a time. .........................
That's very true but initially you asked for a plan that would accommodate more than two trains (8 or 9 in fact) so that's what we gave you. It now appears that realism is higher on your list of priorities than first thought so I would suggest going with the type of layout that has a visible (but heavily compressed) station with several storage sidings hidden behind a backscene. Possibly along the lines of Trev's suggestion.
Old 10th December 2008, 21:12

this is the problem when you have to much time sitting in bed you start to nit pick things to fill your time, i was thinking that if i add in a second level i could have some storage sidings hidden under here.

The problem is i dont want to start building and in a months time be unhappy with what i have been putting together.