13:55

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Freight Operations and Observations

Steel empties on the North London

Old 14th May 2009, 16:20

Steel empties on the North London

Does anybody know where a train of steel coil empties runs between? This train used to pass though Willesden Junction High Level at about 20.00 weekdays. This train was normally powered by a class 92.
Not sure if the train has been retimed since the April North London timetable change, as I saw a class 92 hauling steel empties east though Hampsted Heath on Friday at about 15.30.
Any info gratefull received.

Old 15th May 2009, 19:12

Hi, Ive recently seen a class 92 hauling what I think were steel empties on a few occasions through Brookmans Park at about 3 15-3 30. Ive read that this train is from Dollands Moor to Scunthorpe. Not sure about wagons because Im on the school run and the train is only visibe between houses. Hope this is of some use.
Old 16th May 2009, 15:18

Thanks that sounds possible, as I understand that there are issues with the 92's using DC power on the North london between Camden, and Darlston. However they are cleared to use both the ECML, and the Kings Cross incline.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:40

It is 4E32 1155 Dollands Moor to Scunthorpe, it has been retimed for a few months now; before the NLL works.

92s are actually cleared all the way to Ipswich and Parkeston as well, though they have no booked work down there. I am almost certain they are not allowed to use the DC on the NLL, think the local lights might go out if they did