22:15

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Egger Bahn 009

Old 11th May 2007, 00:42

Egger Bahn 009

Gandalf Jean sent me an e-mail which included a pic of the Egger Bahn 009 steam railcar which was available more years ago than I care to remember.

I was a big fan of 009 when I was a teenager but unfortunately my pocket money never stretched to buying much in the way of 009 items...I had one small diesel locomotive (the Minitrains one) and that was it.

Did anyone else (of a certain age obviously) buy any of the rtr 009 that was around in the late 60's/early 70's?

And does anyone else share my unhappiness at the fact that the availability of freelance rtr stock is now, as far as I can see, down to nil?

Old 11th May 2007, 07:53

The mail I sent to Trevoire concerned a G scale steam model for which I had earlier in the evening downloaded a complete set of plans and drawings. Being to 45 mm gauge and consisting of a motor bogie plus a trailing one beneath a couple of boxes I remarked upon how easy it would be to build in almost any scale using bits nicked from modern stock (the bogies) and some basic plastic sticking. I had no idea that there had been a commercial model in N gauge really because I did not bother to read all the text at the beginning of the description. Not that it would have meant much to me anyway since I was only interested in the steam model. The design is by a Frenchman who is also responsible for the Decauville 020 plus an 030 version as well as a number of other steam engines and for those with suitable equipment ie lathes etc free drawings of these locos are available.
While on the track (?) of early N gauge does anyone else also of a certain age plus a bit remember the Lone Star push along sets?. I have a large quantity of this stuff including an A4 and something American, coaches and even a station plus track all cast in monkey metal or similar. Of course being me there has to be a difference to other people in that none of it has ever been painted having come directly from the factory that used to be in Hatfield in Hertfordshire.
No onions to go with the striped jersey, beret and push bike this morning as it is to be a 'Cheese' day.
Jean de la Terre Moyene ( at least I think that is correct)
Old 11th May 2007, 21:37

I'm not really sure if this is the start of a thread or an episode of "Allo Allo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
.....................I had one small diesel locomotive (the Minitrains one) and that was it.
And does anyone else share my unhappiness at the fact that the availability of freelance rtr stock is now, as far as I can see, down to nil?
Didn't "Minitrains" become the HOe range from Roco?
If so there is a reasonable selection of track, locos and rolling stock at http://www.roco.co.at/index.php