02:38

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

photos of 60's steam

Old 24th June 2010, 17:07

photos of 60's steam

Hey there everybody. My da is a real steam enthusiast and when he was in his late teens/early 20s back in the 60s he and his mates did a lot of travelling round on steam trains all over Ireland and the UK taking photos, recording sounds (and even vid) and taking notes of numbers etc etc...

Recently he's expressed an interest in digitising his collection of slides and negatives so I'm thinking about buying a slide scanner and throwing together a website with all his and all his mates' stuff on it for their amusement.

I'm sure they weren't the only looney's back then to do a similar thing so I'm wondering if any of you guys know of any good similar websites that I could check out for inspiration?

cheers!

Old 24th June 2010, 17:16

Alot of use "fotopic" - which is free & you can pay to upgrade & buy more space if you need. I have a few B&W collections on my site ( which has been upgrade over the years for more features)
Suggest you have a play with it and start one.
A couple of tips - set it up to the max size of thumbnail when uploading pictures - gives better viewing & size you pics to about 3-500 meg to save space.
Old 24th June 2010, 17:34

I like your site robbo. Lots on there and looks like fotopic is a good platform. I'm bookmarking you to come back and check out all your links!
Old 24th June 2010, 19:38
Station Manager

Welcome to the Forum barricades. You've already hit on one of the best people to advise you! Good luck with your site. Please upload a selection of the photos to this site.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:55

Hello

Welcome to the site Barricades,there seems to be a few of those looney's on here. We would love to see some of your pics on this forum.
Old 26th June 2010, 20:48
Station Manager

Hello barricades and welcome to the Railway Forum. Sorry it's late but somehow I missed your first post.