13:34

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

37025 Inverness TMD

Old 12th January 2006, 19:47
Station Manager

37025 Inverness TMD

I am posting this as a thread as well as comment on Steve's excellent photos in case any one misses it in the photo gallery:

Steve,

Many thanks for posting the photos of 37025.

Do you or anyone else on the Forum know if 37025 carried the name Inverness TMD and large logo blue livery with scottie dog logo all at the same time!
The reason I am keen to find out is that latter this year Rails of Sheffield are planning to produce a limited addition (Bachmann) of 37025 named Inverness TMD inLarge logo livery. I have seen photos of the loco in large logo livery with name and in large logo livery with scottie dog but it is not clear that it carried both at the same time! Rails only have the photo at present on their web site: www.railssheffield.co.uk

If anyone can come up with a photo with both I would be keen to try and influence Rails to produce the model with large logo, name and scottie dog as I think it would make a fine looking model.

Best wishes.

Last edited by John H-T; 12th January 2006 at 19:51.
Old 13th January 2006, 16:58

John H=T,
Hadn't appreciated that you have created a thread.See info with my photo at Corrour
Steve.
Old 13th January 2006, 21:12
Station Manager

Steve and anyone else interested, I have managed to track down 37025's history at www.scottish37group.co.uk/37025.html

It carried large logo lblue livery and scottie dog but no name from12/1983 to 05/1989. It was then painted railfrieght grey.

In 03/1994 it was named Inverness TMD and returned to large logo Blue livery with Highland Stag Logo. It carried this livery until withdrawn in 1999.

It was then bought by the Scottish Railway Preservation Diesel Group and is being restored at Bo'ness on the Bo'ness and Kinneal Railway.

The engine was fired up last autumn so hopefully it will be in action soon.
Old 15th January 2006, 13:44

Smile 37025 Inverness TMD

John h-t

You've done well. Next question please!!

Steve.
Old 16th March 2006, 22:59

Hi all I`m new to the forum here. I was a member of the SRPS railtour team from 1993-1995. An Interesting little note on 025 is that when it came out of the paintshop in 1994 we all commented that the painters had done a terrible job on the large logo. The lines were different thicknesses and one of them on one side was quite squint. Added a bit of character to the loco at the time.
Old 17th March 2006, 20:23
Station Manager

Thanks for that. I love these stories about livery variations/irregularities and I think it is important that we record as many of them as possible.
Old 19th March 2006, 10:59
Station Manager

For anyone interested in loco hauled operations in Scotland during the 80's and the current Caledonian sleeper operations there is an excellent series of articles in the March edition of Rail Express which I picked up at the Nottingham Model Railway Exhibition yesterday. The Modeller section has several indepth articles on the Highland opperations including detailing the Bachmann 37. Highly recommended.

If you are anywhere near Nottingham today the exhibition is well worth a visit.