07:48

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

help needed with a scot 46106

Old 17th June 2012, 15:03

help needed with a scot 46106

i have just brought a hornby chassi from EBay and would like to make it into rebuilt royal scot 46106 Gordon highlander which was deffernt by having BR standard smoke deflectors. dose any one out there have any photos or now where there are some as i am sure the job will not be as simpiles as just put some hornby ones straght on, any help most welcome. and dose any one know why she had them instead of the normal one?

Old 17th June 2012, 16:11
Station Manager

There are two photos of 46106 in "The Power of the Royal Scots," by David Jenkinson(OPC), both of the left hand side. There is also the Bachmann N Gauge Model if you can get a look at one.

The BR smoke deflectors were said to be more effective than the standard pattern but were not fitted to any of the other Scots.

Best wishes,

John H-T
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 18th June 2012, 05:22

Location: Lancashire (but the GPO will insist on telling me I live in Merseyside)
There's these Tony Gillet photo on flickr one of each side as chance would have it, maybe even more with a longer search. Best of luck with the project

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbet/3296495428/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbet/3302066784/

KEN

Last edited by 46232; 18th June 2012 at 05:24.
Old 18th June 2012, 13:16

thanks for the help i'll try and get hold of the book and the flicker photos will be of some help too i have to say she looks very smart with that type of smoke deflectors much better then i would have thought she would have. i know you may think that building a loco which i had never seen befor may sound a bit mad but i thought it would look diffent next to the others i have and it seems that it was the only one that was base at leicester for a time i will put some photos up when finished.
Old 21st June 2012, 22:50

i have also been pointed towards pictoral supplement ot the LMS locomotives (by david hunt, bob essery and fred james) by the LMS soc which covers the rebuilt scots i have found some but they don't allways say which class loco the cover just the book number dose any one know which book covers the scots and would it also cover the patirots too?
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:37
Station Manager

Try this link:

http://britishrailwaybooks.co.uk/boo...swan.php#mrlms

The LMS Locomotives Profiles are well down. The Royal Scot Book is out of print, but may be available second hand.

Below that there is a book on the Patriots, Historical Monographs No.3, which is very good. The LMS Patriot Project sell copies if you are interested.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:17

i under stand the book is out of print i had been looking on ABE but they don't always put the loco on the descrption of the book just the vol number which dose not help. good idea about the patriot project i had not thought of that and i keep having a look too to see how they are coming along. looks like i may have to get one as i have just got a mainline body and tender of ebay dropped it on a the hornby chassi then compaird it with the hornby one i allready had and then find out that the drop foot plate? above the buffers and around the smoke box are not the same. i can see the scot being the same if i go down the mainlane body route
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:01

sorry just read your reply again and sew the link thanks vol 1 is the one i will have to find