13:04

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Stories

Old 24th January 2012, 23:00

Stories

Hello all,

New member here, please can you take a look at my blog, http://dezzero.blogspot.com it is meant to be a funny look at working on the railway, many thanks and any helpful comments are welcome, thanks again.

Old 25th January 2012, 11:39

Hi Dezzero and welcome to the forum. I found your blog quite ammusing. It is nice to see a light hearted funny side to the Railways and I am sure some of the members will come up with some of their own too. I look forward to that.
Best wishes
Phil
Old 25th January 2012, 18:19

Stories

Hello Silver Fox Phil, thanks for taking the time to read the blog and your kind comments. Take care Simon
Old 25th January 2012, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzero View Post
Hello Silver Fox Phil, thanks for taking the time to read the blog and your kind comments. Take care Simon
Simon
You put that stuff in the wrong place
There are two books out with similar anecdotes about London Ambulance Services which are good sellers and have been made into a TV show

You've watched Sirens on Channel 4 ????

the books are
Blood, Sweat and Tea
More Blood, More Sweat and More Tea

Have a think about it

https://www.flickr.com/gp/grays_photos/6P1643
Old 26th January 2012, 10:02

Stories

Thanks for your advice. I have thought about TV but dont really know how to go about it. I did contact a production company who told me they do not accept unsolicited scripts and the BBC want a full script. Thank you again for taking the time to have a look and for your comments I hope you enjoyed it. Simon
Old 28th January 2012, 01:31

Hi Simon, great minds...eh?
I enjoyed your posts, a different perspective than how I see my Railway career.
I too started a railway themed blog last year, and like you, my intention is to present a light hearted, sometimes reflective look at railway life, although I am looking up from the tracks ( if only not to get skittled by a train )!
Please feel free to have a look at my blog also and offer any comments or suggestions you might have.
I have just started to re-post my blogs as I somehow managed to delete them just after new year whilst trying to play with some settings without my specs on. I am glad I saved them elsewhere. So I am still to re-post most of them.

I have a great time writing about the characters and events that I have met or experienced over the years and hope they are accepted in the spirit of the railway ( everyone's got a story I reckon).

Keep writing mate and enjoy!!

My Blog

http://sbjdag.blogspot.com.au/
Old 28th January 2012, 15:02

an excellent read. Ive worked in retail for the last 23 years and have about a dozen notebooks detailing the everyday life of an electrical goods salesman. one day ill have to go tho them and look to get them published
Old 28th January 2012, 16:47
Station Manager

Hi Simon,
I enjoyed your stories as they brought back memories of my 8 years as a one-man-operated bus driver on Bristol Omnibus. I can remember been asked by a passenger at Bristol bus station at the start of a trip to Chepstow, for a return please. I asked "a return to to where? her reply was "a return to here. Keep them coming.
Old 30th January 2012, 13:28

Stories

Haha i have had the same thing said to me many times and it still makes me laugh. I hope you dont mind me using the story in future blogs. Simon
Old 31st January 2012, 11:27

Excellent stuff Simon, really enjoying reading through it. Perhaps you might like to think about a book instead of TV, it's a good way to go and might just get it on TV also (thinking of the James Herriot books for one!). I'm in printing so if you did fancy trying your hand at writing I might be able to help.