15:46

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello from Railway Herald

Old 20th February 2013, 11:30

Hello from Railway Herald

Hello!
I work for Railway Herald Magazine - we are the UKs only weekly digital magazine for railway enthusiasts – with a small editorial team we cover the operational and enthusiast aspects of UK, European and Worldwide railway scenes. We are passionate about our content and are proud to be recognised as an accurate and well respected publication with a readership of 20k. Not heard of us? Take a look at: http://railwayherald.com/

The reason I’m posting is that I am keen to get people talking about Railway Herald with the aim of getting some constructive feedback on our magazine – we really want to know what you think. We have some great subscription offers – an annual fee is just £18 (38p per week!) and you can view a sample copy on our website before you buy.

Sorry if that all sounds like an advert – we really are just keen to get your views – it would be great to get a discussion going!

Old 20th February 2013, 11:38

Railway Herald was talked about on here quite often when it was free, but since it was made chargeable there has been very little mention.

To be honest I liked reading it, informative and interesting but some of us are on restricted incomes so don't subscribe.
Old 20th February 2013, 15:00

Yes it does sound like an advert

Yes I did subscribe when it was free and I did supply photo's for you

BUT when it came to paying I didn't like the terms that were included about who owned copyright so I bugged out

and came here much better as this is two way information being a forum

https://www.flickr.com/gp/grays_photos/6P1643
Old 20th February 2013, 18:56
Station Manager

Hi RHM,

Welcome to the Forum.

I stopped reading Railway Herald when you started charging. It is quite good but a lot of the content is not particularly interesting to me, so therefore I am not prepared to pay for it.

As has already been stated above we regularly discussed it when it was free but as so many of us do not subscribe now it has tended to have gone off this Forum's Radar.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 20th February 2013, 19:11

I have paid to recieve the Railway Herald every Monday. I enjoy the mag, it has interesting articles and news as well as terrific photos. It has stayed enthusiast focussed, not like one mag which became a rail industry bible. (That started out as Rail Enthusiast originally).
Old 20th February 2013, 22:22
Station Manager

Hello and welcome RHM, I too used to get your magazine and like everyone else I stopped as soon as you started charging for it, I sent photographs but did not get any published, why would that be ? Anyway I now subscribe to the free Railtalk magazine and together with many of our forum members have our shots published regularly.
Old 21st February 2013, 10:00

Thank you

Hi

Thanks for your responses - that's really interesting. It was a difficult decision to introduce a subscription fee, but it became very necessary in order to make the magazine pay for the editorial content - there is a very small but dedicated team working on it, and as much as they love their work, they just can't do it for free!
Any more feedback very welcome - keep it coming!
Many thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 14:13

I enjoyed reading the magazine when it was free but I took the decision to pay the £18 when you started charging for it. I am in my second subscription and still enjoy reading it but I dont send you any of my pictures because of the terms and condition's of the copyrights. My pictures = my terms to do what I like. But thank you for still producing a good read

Alan
Old 21st February 2013, 22:28

Hi RHM and welcome from me too. Your mag was a good and interesting read, that most people I spoke to enjoyed. I understand the reasons for charging a fee and fully accept the hard work getting the material is costly, as with most things. However I currently subscribe to two other mags and cant stretch to a third unfortunately! so this has gone off the radar for me too I am afraid.
Good luck with your publication and wish you all every success.
All the best
Phil
Old 24th February 2013, 19:43

Thanks Guys - if we have any special offers on subscriptions i'll let you know. You can still view the 2012: Year in Review Issue for free: http://railwayherald.com/review2012/

Comment regarding T&C on images taken on board, but I think you understand why they are set as they are Alan - and thanks for the compliment!

Any suggestions warmly welcomed!