07:52

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Northern and Arriva Trains Wales keep tabs on London Midland's trains

Old 14th December 2007, 10:16

Northern and Arriva Trains Wales keep tabs on London Midland's trains

I read in a magazine I picked up at a station that London Midland are planning to replace it's 150s at the end of next year. A few companies including Northern and Arriva Trains Wales are said to be assessing whether it would be viable for them to lease some of those 150s as replacement for older trains such as 142s, 143s and 144s.

That's just what the north of England needs: more old trains to replace even older trains. Although, I suppose Pacers and 150s aren't all that old compared to how long Class 101s and 108s were in service, but I don't think they were built on a limited budget like Pacers were.

Old 17th December 2007, 11:19

Well i don't mind the 150's as long as they don't get anymore 156's and they 150's get put on the Local Stopping services that wouldent be a bad idear but yet i don't think London Midland have all that many 150's but i think they do have two three car ones.

And as long as they don't split them they should be ok for the busy times of the day like on the wigan services from Liverpool.