15:22

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

East Midlands Trains

Old 14th November 2007, 17:58

Apparently EMT are putting barriers at Sheffield! There goes another station that you use to be able to freely walk in and out of.

Old 15th November 2007, 16:09

158 883 seems to be regular on the 19.12 Hunts Croos - L/pool Lime St Last night it was on the back.

A weel recomended ride for anyone interested and it leavs Norwich at 13.57 there is anothe one of these SWT 158's but haven't had a chance to see the Number.

Iam going to see if i can get a photo of it over the week end hopefully and will try and upload it for you all to see.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:13

SWT 158 883 & 158 158 890* (Four Car Working) Were working the 19.12 from Hunts Cross to Liverpool Lime Street last night 16/11/2007.

I susepect that 158 890 is the Units that Has been Working the 17.52 Since Being on Loan from SWT i also suspect that they are due to go Back Soon hence them working together.
Old 17th November 2007, 13:31

158 890 worked the 19.12 (13.57 frm Norwich)from Hunts Cross to Liverpool Lime St alone Last Night and ran 30 Mins Late.
Old 17th November 2007, 16:23

Various liveries on 153's and others, plus steam and diesel locos at Lincoln and Ruskington during this month Alan's Fotopic Gallery
Old 21st October 2008, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Hicks View Post
Apparently EMT are putting barriers at Sheffield! There goes another station that you use to be able to freely walk in and out of.
Well i was speaking to one of the staff earlier this week at derby and they said it's not happened and probably won't happen so ''fingers crossed''
Old 21st October 2008, 10:51

The problem is that nowhere is "open" anymore, for the right reasons, or the wrong reasons.
Railway stations, and everything else to a certain extent, used to have access to most parts, and I can only assume that they probably dont want us around unless we are spending exhorbitant amounts of money to travel with them.
So I hope that the possible barriers at Sheffield are'nt the thin end of the wedge with regard to access at all stations.
Paul.
Old 21st October 2008, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul miller View Post
The problem is that nowhere is "open" anymore, for the right reasons, or the wrong reasons.
Railway stations, and everything else to a certain extent, used to have access to most parts, and I can only assume that they probably dont want us around unless we are spending exhorbitant amounts of money to travel with them.
Much of the damage and bad behaviour on the railway is caused by people who don't have tickets. The introduction of barriers is intended to keep them away, but IMHO it's sadly just another case of the Modern Malaise; using machines instead of employing Police with real powers of arrest. It's just a waste of money because the yobbos go somewhere else to make trouble instead of being taken off the streets.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTjoe View Post
Well i was speaking to one of the staff earlier this week at derby and they said it's not happened and probably won't happen so ''fingers crossed''
Great, I suppose the big problem with the idea was that there are two entrances, so the supertram passengers wouldn't be checked. I know that there is a need for constant ticket checkes other than onboard, since apparently the trains are too crowded to check tickets and passengers during the peaks can get away with it (I can understand from the conductors point of view not wanting the tremble through the 17:11 TPX to McrAirport.) but just simply disallowing any freedom to stations.

The best methods seem to be where stations, like Wilmslow, have people at the entrance checking tickets during the peak periods only.
Old 22nd October 2008, 00:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
Much of the damage and bad behaviour on the railway is caused by people who don't have tickets. The introduction of barriers is intended to keep them away, but IMHO it's sadly just another case of the Modern Malaise; using machines instead of employing Police with real powers of arrest. It's just a waste of money because the yobbos go somewhere else to make trouble instead of being taken off the streets.
Now we have the real reason for the introduction of limiting access to pretty well everything, the wonderful minority who spoil it for the rest of us.
You are 100% correct FP. We dont tackle it in an incorrect way, we just dont tackle it at all. Dont take them off the street, take them out would be my answer, and I make no apologies to anyone for saying that.
Paul.