19:41

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Light Rail and Metros

Berlin bleibt doch Berlin

Old 22nd August 2010, 13:09

Berlin bleibt doch Berlin

I am not only a fan of 3'6' I love metros too. Now whilst not really a metro [more akin to London Overground] I think the Berlin S Bahn is wonderful. I had the privelge of going there in the 90's and riding on the old 478 rolling stock with it's wonderful motor music. These trains were then 60+ years old. I think the staff had the nickname "Jumbo's" for them as they were of large dimensions. Whilst in Berlin they had an open day at Rummelsberg maintainance depot which was akin to the old LT Acton works. I'd love to go to Hamburg as their S-bahn and U bahn seem good too judging from videos I have seen of them.

Old 23rd August 2010, 05:27
Registered Member

Besser im realen Leben gesehen, obwohl , ich hoffe, Sie dort bekommen , genießen Sie , wenn Sie tun.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48111 View Post
Besser im realen Leben gesehen, obwohl , ich hoffe, Sie dort bekommen , genießen Sie , wenn Sie tun.
Ja, Hope zu gehen im nächsten Jahr nach Hamburg Wenn Sie [mit anderen] entlang zu gehen möchten dann Durchgabe mich und vielleicht kann es organisiert werden