04:45

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Rugby Station

Old 30th August 2009, 16:38

Rugby Station

Hi,

Want to do some filming at Rugby, anyone know if it's walk on, and if all the work is finished,

Cheers

John

Old 30th August 2009, 21:01
garethtaylor1

I will be going to Rugby on Tuesday. So I'll have look for you.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:17
garethtaylor1

It is a walk on when I arrived and changed platforms.
Old 3rd September 2009, 08:55

It is walk on, all of the work had finished before I left for Germany.

If you PM me, I will let you know of an excellent vantage point right by trent valley junction. Wouldn't want to post it for fear of banningment
Old 4th November 2009, 11:32
Registered Member

Rugby......"Oh" how I remember Rugby, a cold draughty station where even in "the cabin" having "your snap" you never felt warm. I used to hate getting releived at Rugby and having to spend time there,it was one great big wind tunnel ,even when there was no wind it was cold.
But I have not expreinced it since all the work has gone on , so now it could be different.

Old 10th January 2010, 19:23

Nah, it's still a cold hole. This'll shock you, Rugby freight depot, (The DB Schenker one, ex EWS) is down to about 16, yes 16 drivers. When I started in 1973, it had 84 to Bletchley's 68.
When we used to work up there, the cabin was always busy, with men from all over the WCML waiting to work trains north and south. In more recent times it was like a library. I half expected to see a tumbleweed roll through.
Our mess room (London Midland) is in the old ticket office by the out ramp.
Old 11th January 2010, 06:00
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25250 View Post
Nah, it's still a cold hole. This'll shock you, Rugby freight depot, (The DB Schenker one, ex EWS) is down to about 16, yes 16 drivers. When I started in 1973, it had 84 to Bletchley's 68.
When we used to work up there, the cabin was always busy, with men from all over the WCML waiting to work trains north and south. In more recent times it was like a library. I half expected to see a tumbleweed roll through.
Our mess room (London Midland) is in the old ticket office by the out ramp.
When we used to go in the cabin at Rugby,during the eighties, sometimes you had a job getting a seat to have a brew, it was so busy, even on nights it was busy, I went to firing school at Rugby in the fifties and I know/knew the old station very well, but reading your posts all I can ask is whatever has happened ???