02:52

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Light Rail and Metros

manchester metrolink ticket machines

Old 16th February 2011, 21:03

manchester metrolink ticket machines

i was on crumpsall metrolink station last week,was just about to purchase my ticket from the so called[new and better ticket machines]there were 4 inspectors next to the machine,one was inserting a pen knife in the coin slot as it was jammed,one inspector advised me not to use it with coins,as i was already holding a ten pound note,the inspector who thought he knew how to unjam it[with a penknife]took my note and inserted it,out came the ticket with no change,he then scribbled a number on my ticket and told me to write to metrolink for a refund,i was dumfounded,why not close the machine and call maintenance?then passengers can ring metrolink and you are given a code number to travel,i didnt use any bad language..but told them they were incompetant,they are the first to throw people off metrolink without a ticket,i get a ticket and have to write off for my change,unbelievable.

Old 24th February 2011, 15:13

I noticed one with an ALMEX Ticket machine at Man Pic Last Saturday not ssure what that was about.