19:49

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

Wrexham and Shropshire Time Train

Old 28th November 2009, 21:16

Talking Wrexham and Shropshire Time Train

Just to let any one who may be interested no, Wrexham and Shropshire are operating a special history train on Tuesday 15th December 2009.

As far as i know the 07.23 Wrexham & Shropshire train from Wrexham to London Marylebone, will have on board Rod Playford who will present a 2 hour session on London history covering:

Samuel Pepys' London
Christopher Wren and the re-building of London after the Great Fire
How the Welsh Tudors shaped London
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrival in to London is at 11.23 where you would have the day to explore the history of the great city complete with the knowledge of what you have learned on the way.

The ticket means that you will have to re-board the 18.33 train from Marylebone where an optional dinner is served. As well as this the day is ended with a free glass of wine which sounds great.

I also gather that Sessions are conducted via headphones. Breakfast/evening meals available on-board at aditional cost and need to be pre-booked 5 days prior to the journey.

The Cost is £80, which includes return travel from Wrexham to London.

Last time i checked there were still places available however if you are interested in going on this you have to book in advance.

Below are the contact details for booking however i have also included a link to the WS website.

Contact: Suzanne Riley Commercial Manager Glyndwr University on:

Tel: 01978 293007 or visit www.glyndwrinnovations.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this may be of some use to you. Trains are hauled by a class 67 and DVT running top 'n' tailed.

From my own experience WS do offer a great rail journeys.

http://www.wrexhamandshropshire.co.u...item.php?id=82

Tags
dbs, ews, history, wrexham and shropshire