11:16

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Fleischmann ICE1

Old 22nd February 2009, 14:32

Fleischmann ICE1

I've recently ordered a set of Fleischmann ICE1 trains: the engines and all of the intermediate passenger cars.
Is there anyone around that has it already?

Old 22nd February 2009, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiDe9 View Post
I've recently ordered a set of Fleischmann ICE1 trains: the engines and all of the intermediate passenger cars.
Is there anyone around that has it already?
HO or N Scale? I have had a Fleischmann N Scale ICE1 for many years.
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:04
Station Manager

Hello koiDe9, welcome to the Railway Forum. I used to model in 'N' gauge Fleischmann but that was over 30 years ago. I went on to British Steam 'N' gauge, but am now building up a '00' stock of British steam and early diesel.
Old 24th February 2009, 12:56

HO scale. My first glimpses into European HO scale trains were the DB ICE train and the French TGV. I managed to get a TGV set on my first trip to France in 2000, but I never did find a reasonably priced ICE set. Just a month ago or so, I stumbled across a great tax refund, and I was able to finally order myself an HO scale Fleischmann 2-rail ICE1 set. I've just been wondering if there is anyone else out there who may have this set, and can tell me if it's really worth the mighty-high price tag.
Old 24th February 2009, 21:26

As you obviously wanted an ICE1 for sentimental reasons and were willing to pay the asking price then I don't think you will be disappointed as Fleischmann models are generally of a very high quality.
Without knowing just how much you paid for your ICE it's hard to say whether or not you have obtained a bargain but in the U.K you could expect to pay about £588 or $850 for an ICE1 set with 2 power cars and 10 trailer cars. These are 2008 prices and new stock arriving from Germany could be even higher.
Old 24th February 2009, 21:43

All in all, I think the total was about $967. My collection of trains ranges from Schicht to Sachsenmodelle with a very large majority being Roco. I'm used to the higher quality models of Roco, but I'm brand new to Fleischmann. From what I've researched, Fleischmann models are of great quality and workmanship. I just wanted to hear it from someone who actually had them. ) Incidentally, with the American dollar FINALLY gaining strength against the Euro, maybe I should have bought them direct from Germany. Hee hee.

Last edited by KoiDe9; 24th February 2009 at 21:57.