20:06

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Good Afternoon.

Old 28th June 2009, 12:13
Registered Member

Good Afternoon.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I am just looking around at the moment. I am very pleased to see there is a place to post about model railways. I have a layout, well an up and coming one, it is under construction but there is a fair bit completed already, I have a good rolling stock list and my engines comprise of a GWR hall, a GWR Grange,a two car DMU (Triang) also 46201 (Triang 1952) a GWR tank engine, a red Dock shunter (Triang) and two Midland 4Fs both Airfix but brought in different boxes, one in an Airfix box and the other in a GMR box.Both run very well indeed. Then my two Stanier class 8 locos, (my favourites).
As you can see I do run a few old engines, I prefer the older models, I seem to think they were made more solidly. My layout is not DCC, although my class 8s are DCC ready.
I have a 29ft main line,and a terminal station, but the lines running into the station go up onto the high level.
I will at some point TRY and put a photo or two on here for anyone to look at, but dont hold your breath, it might take some time.

Bye for now,

Old 28th June 2009, 15:46
Station Manager

Look forward to photos of your layout 48111. Interesting selection of GWR and LMS locos no doubt reflecting the area you live in!

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 28th June 2009, 18:50

Welcome to the forum 48111, or can we call you 8F?
Although I model N-gauge nowadays I have fond memories of some of your Triang locos from my OO days. I remember the dock shunter being really powerful for something so small. Look forward to reading about and seeing some pics of your layout.
Old 28th June 2009, 20:45
Station Manager

Hello 48111 and welcome to the Railway Forum. I am also into model railways and have an 'N' gauge layout and I am collecting 1 or 2 bits of rolling stock for a '00' gauge layout.
Old 28th June 2009, 22:03

Hi 48111, welcome to the Railway Forum, hope you enjoy it.
Regards

www.chasewaterrailway.co.uk
Old 28th June 2009, 22:46
Registered Member

Welcome to the forum 48111
Old 29th June 2009, 14:37

Hello and welcome to the forum 48111.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:04
Registered Member

Smile 8F no ! Stanier 8F by all means

Hello everyone, thanks for all your replies, yes call me 8F by all means as long as it is Stanier 8F.
The red dock shunter is a real powerful little engine, like you said, for its size.It never goes on my main line, but it is used in my sidings, of which I am upgrading to hopefully 19 roads. But as much as I love all my layout and stock, I sometimes wish I had gone "N" gauge, it would have given me much more scope from the layout point of view, more room to expand. Still never mind, I chose "OO", so I have got to stick with it.
Yes the oldest "Loco" I have, the 1952 46201 runs on modern track, but I do have sections of the old deep track from the fifties in between modern track on my layout, getting power through track converters, but when the modern engines run on a section of 1950s track, they run so smooth and quiet, it is really a treat.I must admit I am a bit of a devil for buying old locos and rolling stock, not because I am a "cheapskate" (probably spelt that wrong lol), but because I really do like the older models. I have my own little workshop where repairs are carried out, lots of "bits" like spare wheels and bogies , couplings etc. I even have a spare 20T brake van body, which eventually I will put on a frame and run it.That is about job number 1001 on my list lol.
When I retired, a couple of the blokes at work, bought me 2 "pressys", one is a GWR Grange loco and the other is the Hornby Grand suspension bridge.The Grange was put "on shed" straight away ready for work, but the bridge ...well that is still in the box until I can fathom out what the devil to do with it, more furniture moving I suppose .
Sorry I dont mean to go on, but I could talk about this hobby all day.
I will shut up now, sorry to bore you.
Old 29th June 2009, 20:18
Station Manager

Your not boring me 48111, keep going!

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 29th June 2009, 22:07

Me neither. Keep talking!