09:57

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Woman Dazzles Train Driver With Laser Pen

Old 7th November 2008, 20:27
Registered Member

Woman Dazzles Train Driver With Laser Pen

From the BT Police Site.

7 November 2008 15:32

POLICE APPEAL FOR INFORMATION AFTER WOMAN DAZZLES TRAIN DRIVER WITH LASER PEN British Transport Police (BTP) is appealing for witnesses after a woman pushing a child in a pram shone a laser pen into a train driver’s eyes, forcing him to halt a train just before Cheshunt station.

Police are appealing for information that could help the investigation into the incident, which occurred around 6pm on Tuesday 4 November.

As the train approached the station, a woman standing on platform two flashed a laser pen into the driver’s eyes, forcing him to halt the train short of the platform.

The woman, who was standing on the platform with a child in a pram and with three men, is described as white, around 5’4’’ tall, and of heavy build. She has short brown hair and was wearing large hoop earrings and a grey hooded top with black stripes.

PC Andrew Rudd from British Transport Police said:

“We have made local enquiries and spoken with witnesses and are also asking for help from any members of the public who may have seen this incident or who may have any information that can assist our investigation.

“I am treating this incident very seriously, Interfering with the safe running of the railway is a serious offence and I would ask anyone with any information to come forward as soon as possible.”

Anyone who has any information about the incident can contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting incident number 491 of 4/11/08 or call Crimestoppers

Old 7th November 2008, 22:53

Does the CCTV there no longer work? It sure worked when Manned by station staff every time I called there years ago.