18:50

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Thieves jeopardise railway line

Old 1st November 2008, 03:02

Thieves jeopardise railway line

You must have seen this in the paper. I've not read it myself as we don't get newspapers,but I saw it at Dad's house in the Northern Echo. Apparently a gang has stolen about 500 pins out of a stretch of track up in the north east to sell. Thing is all they will have got is about 100 quid,but what cost to lives it could have incurred! Now on our way back from York on the 7 PM Newcastle train we were delayed because someone had stolen the signal cables,probably to sell the copper. As a result we had to divert via Eaglescliff and when we got near Darlington we had to wait for a platform to become available. It was near enough 9.30 by the time we got home with two tired and crabby kids! Bloody idiots!

Old 1st November 2008, 08:52
Station Manager

Why don`t they get a proper job, it would be easier than nicking those pins and would pay more and they would not jeopardise anyones life.
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:01

One day, some thieving toe-rag will get caught, but by a train and not by the police, while I will have absolutely NO sympathy for them, or their family and then saying how good they were and never done any harm, etc..

Okay, so the Bramley Line is yet to have trains running just yet, but an attempt to remove Rails was made a couple of months ago by some thieves, but they got disturbed. I don't know if they were caught though, because we haven't heard anymore. Now the track is regularly being checked out and not always at the same time, on the same day of the week, and/or the same place.
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:35

When these thieving toe-rags are run over by a train, it will be everyone elses fault wont it. Never the morons fault is it?
Paul.
Old 2nd November 2008, 18:46

If any of these idiots are caught after they've removed lengths of line, they should be shackled to the inside of a coal wagon, and the wagon then catapulted along the line towards the section they've removed.
If they are killed, then tough. If they are only injured, they should be left lying in the wreckage to suffer for a couple of hours, before being taken to hospital.
HYes it may be sadistic, but when are all these idiots going to learn that they are trying to kill other people.
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:55

They probably wouldnt feel it Bob with all the drugs in their system!
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkers View Post
If any of these idiots are caught after they've removed lengths of line, they should be shackled to the inside of a coal wagon, and the wagon then catapulted along the line towards the section they've removed.
If they are killed, then tough. If they are only injured, they should be left lying in the wreckage to suffer for a couple of hours, before being taken to hospital.
HYes it may be sadistic, but when are all these idiots going to learn that they are trying to kill other people.
I like this man. He comes from the same mind group as me.
Paul.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:13

No punishments these days,
Bring back the Birch and after bearing with the twiggy bits stuff the handle anywhere you can think of being appropriate.
John (G)
Old 3rd November 2008, 18:43

They can sweep up then John.
Paul.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:07

And polish the brasswork at the same time.
Idle hands and all that.
John (G)