03:02

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Chelmsford to get a second station

Old 17th September 2009, 21:50

I am a P'way man through & through so if you do throw stones at me please make sure it is good quality ballast cos we can always make use of it when lifting and packing over good old Essex clay!!!

Old 21st September 2009, 01:00

Spent two years 2004/05 (weekdays) in the very pleasant village of Writtle beside Chelmsford splitting my working time between Brentwood and Central London. Chelmsford station was so busy in the mornings and combined with the space restriction it actually seemed quite dangerous. Parking also a challenge.

Long overdue for improvement but not a lot can be sensibly done to a station with two platforms perched up on a viaduct.

By the way, some advice to you Steam for Ever, I suggest you learn from pre65's reply and think before you post and not just put down the first random thought that comes into your head - it does you no favours.