23:24

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Freight Operations and Observations

Ely West Loop

Old 4th March 2012, 13:00

Oh dear. The single line between Littleport & Downham appears to be cursed. It seems that if a train is going to fail, it will happen there in the most inconvenient and difficult to reach-by-road place. I'm told that's why the Royal Train always carries an RST (Rolling Stock Technician) in the back.

In fact I lost a pantograph in there fairly recently, but managed to coast out of the section.

Bramleyman - what was the occasion for the HST to visit Lynn ? Presumably some sort of special ?

Cheers, FP

Old 6th March 2012, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
Oh dear. The single line between Littleport & Downham appears to be cursed. It seems that if a train is going to fail, it will happen there in the most inconvenient and difficult to reach-by-road place. I'm told that's why the Royal Train always carries an RST (Rolling Stock Technician) in the back.

In fact I lost a pantograph in there fairly recently, but managed to coast out of the section.

Bramleyman - what was the occasion for the HST to visit Lynn ? Presumably some sort of special ?

Cheers, FP
As far as I am aware it was doing checks in the region. It also went to Norwich.