16:48

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Help!!!

Old 19th September 2018, 10:43

Smile Help!!!

Hi everyone, I am a fraud, I know absolutely nothing about Trains or railways so please forgive me, I am writing to see if any of you living in the Birmingham area can help an Elderly Train enthusiast! he is currently residing in a Residental home and has no family or close friends to visit, or stimulate him with chats about his interests of which Trains and railways were his life. he has several model engines in his room and lots and lots of railway information but unfortunately while we can help him with day to day living we cannot have intelligent conversations on his favourite subject. he can no longer see or I would have set him up instead of me on the forum.
We are looking for someone who might have an hour to spend and lives locally between Stechford and Lea Hall stations who could spare the time now and again for a visit. we and I know he would be so grateful.
Thanks for taking the time to read my message, have a good day all x

Old 19th September 2018, 11:05

Hi Debs, you are not a fraud at all.

Trying to bring some happiness into an old man's life is a wonderful thing to be doing and I just wish I didn't live so far away.

I really hope that you find someone who can help.
Old 19th September 2018, 21:16

Hi Debs,
If you can't find someone to come in person have you thought of getting hold of a talking book. Amazon have a two page list of railway titles some of which sound very interesting. Keep up the good work, many of us will need someone like you one day.
Old 26th September 2018, 19:17

Hi Debs. In addition to talking books, there are recordings of trains and youtube has lots of films, which he could at least listen to. Hope you are successful. Richard