08:42

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

The Privatisation of British Rail: Success or Failure? - Questionnaire

Old 17th February 2011, 16:21

The Privatisation of British Rail: Success or Failure? - Questionnaire

The Privatisation of British Rail: Success or Failure?

Do you back the current model of privatised railways or call for a renationalisation of the network?

This questionnaire is part of a Dissertation research project to understand staff and consumers views about the current model of privatised railways in the UK. The privatisation of British rail has almost certainly produced more controversy and media coverage than all the other UK privatisations combined. Therefore, your responses are important in enabling me to obtain as full an understanding as possible of this topical issue.

The questionnaire should take you about ten minutes maximum to complete. Please answer the questions in the spaces provided. Questions with an asterisk (*) require an answer. If you wish to add further comments to the multiple choice questions, please feel free to do so in the boxes below each question. The information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. You will notice that it is not mandatory to include your name in the questionnaire, however, space has been provided for you to do so if you wish.

The answers from your questionnaire and others will be used as the main data set for my 4th year Dissertation research project for my degree in Business and Management at Glasgow Caledonian University.

I hope that you will find completing the questionnaire enjoyable. If you have any questions or would like further information, please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Links to the questionnaire are provided below. You will notice that there are two parts (two links) to the questionnaire, please complete both so that the results are valid.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Scott Allan

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCVWPN7

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SQBFQ99

Old 21st February 2011, 20:21

Gosh, a survey where the respondant actually has to think about their answers. Quite a challenge, thank you.