07:30

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

NRM - Bachmann City of Truro

Old 4th December 2009, 14:11
Station Manager

NRM - Bachmann City of Truro

NRM - Bachmann have announced a 4mm model of GWR 4-4-0 City of Truro at Toddington, G&WR.

Phone lines to the NRM are glowing white and dilivery is 28 days.

Full details at:

http://www.gwsr.com/news/latest-news...oddington.aspx

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Old 5th December 2009, 19:55

I wondered just how long it would take a manufacturer to produce a 4mm ready to run model of this little beauty. Whilst I would dearly love one myself I expect that they have already all gone. I wonder if Bachmann will continue to produce the little 4-4-0 in another guise, does anyone have any inside knowledge on that? I hope they do as City of Truro was not of course unique. 4-4-0s were quite common on the Cheltenham Banbury line before 1912 (not that I remember that far back of course!) and one would be quite at home on my layout of Andoversford with a few Hornby clerestories in tow!
Old 5th December 2009, 21:26
Station Manager

The NRM are going to continue to produce the standard model of City of Truro for as long as there is a demand or the tooling wears out! The platinum model is limited to 250 for the collectors who don't want to run the model!

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 5th December 2009, 22:15

John H-T Many thanks for that. Hopefully soon then I might just be able to run a model of City of Truro alongside 28xx 2807 on my layout. In 2010 (all being well) we should be able to do that in 12" to the Foot scale at Toddington!
Old 6th December 2009, 00:37

I would seriously Love a model of this, but definately Not at £195.00.. I started to build an Airfix model years ago, but never finished it, but have since got to travel behind the Real one since and Loved it.
Old 19th December 2009, 20:56

£145 for the standard issue.
It has been a VERY expensive year.
4-Cep has taken a large chunk of my readies, had to have a green and a Blue/Grey one of course,( happy days-proper trains on a proper railway) then the 3MT, Kestrel, and City of Truro for the young ,un.
Better do some rest days I think, Class 14 & Class15 are both due out in January!
Old 19th December 2009, 23:43

Regretably, and Not because of the time of the year, I still can't afford one at £100. Brown and his cronies, INSIST my Partner and I can live on that amount per WEEK, yet they need £Thousands, plus expenses.