15:31

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Plus Bus Scheme

Old 17th September 2009, 11:48

Plus Bus Scheme

Was looking into whether or not buy one of these sine I am shortly travelling outside of Manchester and the train only takes me as far as Piccadilly, then onto a bus. So I could save few pence by using this ticket, however just interested in hearing other peoples experiences with them.

Do you just ask for it at the station, does it come in a second ticket or part of the original trai ticket? Have any buses that are supposed to participate rejected them?

Old 17th September 2009, 12:07

Plusbus can, in some cases, be issued as additional tickets from the "destination station", but are more often on the same ticket as the train journey purely because of issueing restrictions. Manchester Plusbus, for example, can't be issued from an origin station inside Greater Manchester.

If you ask for a Plusbus ticket (assuming it is valid) that is what you get, if you don't ask for it, you may not be offered it.

Well done for making it past that today!
Old 17th September 2009, 21:36

Thanks for the info Hairy, it might be worth my while to buy my rail ticket and enquire about this at Piccadilly if they can add me the extra ticket if I cannot get one as part of my train journey ticket. Seems to have been an odd one as some staff I have talked to know of this, others not.