23:03

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Insane Tornado spotters today on the ECML

Old 9th February 2009, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmr View Post
It would run into £1000s just for wasted fuel, brake wear plus the NWR engineers time before anything else.
The ignorant guy with his back to the running line didn't even acknowledge the EMU prior to the IC 125.
Incidentally anyone from NWR or BTP that wants the footage, PM me for hi res image of the culprits
I would email it to BTP at Pborough but they don't seem t have email?
I could be wrong, but the BTP station at Peterborough went up in smoke a while back and was reportedly badly damaged, so they may not be back open yet.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of you on here. Re 4472 back in the 80's, I was along the ECML at Corby Glen and have photo's of the total Pra**s who can be seen walking close to the line with a IC125 bearing down on them and not slow either.

There may not be any trains on the Bramley Line yet, but not one member goes on there without an hvv on and we still carry out Look-Out duties at ALL times regardless. Prevention is better than cure, so we started as we mean to go on.

Old 9th February 2009, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramleyman View Post
I could be wrong, but the BTP station at Peterborough went up in smoke a while back and was reportedly badly damaged, so they may not be back open yet.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of you on here. Re 4472 back in the 80's, I was along the ECML at Corby Glen and have photo's of the total Pra**s who can be seen walking close to the line with a IC125 bearing down on them and not slow either.

There may not be any trains on the Bramley Line yet, but not one member goes on there without an hvv on and we still carry out Look-Out duties at ALL times regardless. Prevention is better than cure, so we started as we mean to go on.
Yes i was North of there on the occupation bridge just before stoke summit tunnel. Not the same view now the wires are there
Good luck with the Bramley line. Always wondered what hapened to that line when I go over the A47 crossing
Nige
Old 10th February 2009, 20:48
Station Manager

There were also quite a few people on the wrong side of the fence between York and Newcastle on January 31st. It would be very sad if the launch of Tornado led to more restrictions on the mainline or worse.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H-T View Post
There were also quite a few people on the wrong side of the fence between York and Newcastle on January 31st. It would be very sad if the launch of Tornado led to more restrictions on the mainline or worse.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Thing is, I really don't see what the need is to go trespassing. Is there really a lack of locations on the ECML?